Checkout Workflow

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #586

I've been trying to configure the "checkout workflow," but it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Currently my workflow is "login_address_shipping_payment_confirm_coupon_cart_status,end" which I think is the default, but for some reason I don't have any steps for shipping, confirm, coupon, cart or status. I have "Display checkout progress bar" on and it only show's two steps, Login and End. Once I log in, I have a choice to set my Billing Address and Payment Method, but as soon as I click Next it completes the order.

I currently only have 1 shipping method configured, which uses that Hikashop Manual Shipping Plugin to make a Pick-up Order option that's completely free and has no restrictions. While this will be my only shipping method, I'd still like the choice to appear so that people understand how the items will be received.

Are there some sort of requirements for those other steps to be available?

I've been trying to configure my Billing Address. I don't need any of the conventional fields, only 1 custom field, that's required at checked out. I created it, set it to required and set a custom error message, but when I try to check out, if I neglect to fill it in, no error message appears. Is this a bug or am I missing something? When I do fill out the field, it's not displayed where the Address usually would, instead it's just a blank area and despite the fact that I've unpublished all the Telephone fields, the telephone field still appears beneath the Address area. Is there a way to make the custom field show here instead and get rid of the telephone number?

I've attached an image of what I'm working on. Thank you for this wonderful product and any assistance you can provide me.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
13 years 5 months ago #588

Hi,

In the checkout workflow steps are separated by a comma, views by an underscore. The default workflow has only two steps since there is only one comma. I invite you to read the checkout workflow documentation inf you would like to understand it a bit more:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/54.html#main

Shipping methods are only displayed if at least one of the products added to the cart has a weight. That's what says if a product is shippable or not. So if the "hypo spray" doesn't have a weight, the shipping address and the shipping methods selection won't be displayed.

Concerning custom address fields:
the fact that you don't see the value appear once you enter it is because we use a template to display the address. So if you create new fields, they won't be in the template and won't be displayed. You need to go to display->views and search for "address_template". You will be able to edit it in order to display the data the way you want.
Concerning the fact that the require doesn't work, would you be able to send us the url of your website so that we can look at that ?

13 years 5 months ago #591

Ahhh, that makes sense now. Thank you for the explanation.

Sure thing, I'm just learning how to configure and set up HikaShop right now so it's on my demo site @ www.demo.nicholasjohn16.com/ . Is there a way I can pm you admin credentials?

13 years 5 months ago #592

You can send the information to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
FTP access might be useful if there is indeed a bug that needs to be fixed. We will look at it tomorrow, after a good night of sleep :)

13 years 5 months ago #596

I'm still having a slight problem setting the Shipping Method. I gave "Hypo Spray" a weight and now when I go to check out, I get an error message that says "No shipping method found."

As I said above, I'm using the Hikashop Manual Shipping Plugin and created a shipping method. The price, minimum price, minimum weight and minimum volume are set to 0. Max weight and volume are left blank. As well, I didn't select a 'Zone' as I want this to be the only option for all of my products. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks again.

13 years 5 months ago #600

The "No shipping method found." message is displayed when you didn't create any shipping methods or when you didn't publish them. You should go to System->shipping methods, click on the manual shipping method and make sure you published them.

13 years 5 months ago #602

Yup, I'm an idiot. That fixed it.

Another noobish question: The 'confirm' page is empty. What do I need to make stuff show up there?

Is there a way to get rid of Shipping Address or Billing Address? I just need one address option.

Sorry for all the questions!

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by NicholasJohn16.

13 years 5 months ago #603

The "confirm" view is just a logical view which checks that everything is filled for an order and then creates the order upon clicking next.
You could add to it the coupon, status and cart view (note that you can have a view several times in the workflow, so you can display the cart on the first step but also on the confirm step).
The "end" view should always be on the last step alone and the "confirm" view should be on the step right before.
Again, all that is explained in the checkout workflow documentation link :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/54.html#main

You can get rid of the shipping address by editing the address view of the checkout (display->views search for checkout), but you need to know a bit php for that.
Also that means that you won't be able to limit shipping to a zone in your shipping methods or they will be automatically discarded as the system won't find the shipping address.

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by nicolas.

13 years 5 months ago #604

Hi,

Concerning the custom field require, indeed, the custom message functionality doesn't work properly. I fixed it on our dev environment and it will be included in next release which is to be released soon. I was however unable to access your ftp to do the modification. You can correct that by changing the function checkFieldsForJS's definition in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php near line 250 to :

function checkFieldsForJS(&$extraFields,&$requiredFields,&$validMessages){
		foreach($extraFields as $type => $oneType){
			foreach($oneType as $oneField){
				if(!empty($oneField->field_required)){
					$requiredFields[$type][] = $oneField->field_namekey;
					if(!empty($oneField->field_options['errormessage'])){
						$validMessages[$type][] = addslashes($this->trans($oneField->field_options['errormessage']));
					}else{
						$validMessages[$type][] = addslashes(JText::sprintf('FIELD_VALID',$this->trans($oneField->field_realname)));
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds