Integrating Community Builder user addresses

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #5881

We use Community Builder and have about 300 registered users. HikaShop works perfectly but one issue is that users have to enter their addresses when they shop the first time.

Given that Community Builder already stores a user's physical address as well as their billing address (we have CB Subs installed) is there a way that either or both of these addresses can be imported or used automatically rather than requiring the user to once-again enter it?

Thanks

Cliff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
13 years 2 months ago #5896

There is no solution at the moment for this.

13 years 2 months ago #6990

Hello, I'm looking at this also - looking at a full integration of database information from a community /membership 'thing' with an e-commerce 'thing'. So at the moment I'm exploring the trio of Joomla iteslf, with Comunity Builder and HikaShop - but will they do the job properly as an integrated system?
What is your experience? and are you planning to expand the inter-ability with, say, Community Builder? Or perhaps Joomla 1.6 has improved things regarding customer databases??
I'm wanting to rebuild our website www.sightlines-initiative.com
Thanks, Robni Duckett

13 years 2 months ago #6998

The problem is that the addresses in hikashop and in CB are stored differently so it's not easy to keep the synchronization between both. For example, with hikashop, you can have several addresses for one user.

Other than that, HikaShop, CB and joomla are integrated well together. Your users registering from CB or from hikashop will both be added to the other so that there is no registration conflict or the likes.

13 years 2 months ago #7854

Thanks Nicolas - what details Are synchronised, if the addresses can't be?

13 years 2 months ago #7858

The user itself. When someone registers in hikashop, he is registered in community builder and vice versa. That's all there is, but that's already more than a lot of extensions have since community builder doesn't synchronize itself like all the other extensions and a special procedure had to be added in hikashop.

13 years 2 months ago #7871

Nicolas

I think you may be missing the point here, and its not a big thing to create at least ONE billing address when a user is created in CB. Here's the problem - we have a PAID membership website and a user can only purchase something in the shop once they have subscribed and paid to a membership plan through community builder. They will NEVER first go to Hikashop.

We use CB SUbs as well and CB subs has this clever little thing that once a user registers, you can map registration fields to CB Subs fields, so what we do is that we map field 'Address' to cb_subs_billing_address_1", and so on..

It would be very easy for you to add a small routine to transfer the CB Subs address to the #__hikashop_address table as you already do with the CB and Joomla users. ALL the fields already exist in #__comprofiler so it's a piece of cake!

As we have just started setting up the shop, this evening, I did a simple SQL query and extracted all the #__comprofiler fields using this query:

SELECT b.user_id, b.firstname, b.lastname, b.address, b.city, b.state, b.zipcode, b.country, b.phone, b.cb_cellphone, d.user_id, d.user_cms_id 	
FROM #__users a, #__comprofiler b, #__cbsubs_subscriptions c, #__hikashop_user d
WHERE a.id=b.id
AND b.id=c.user_id
AND c.user_id=d.user_cms_id
AND c.status='A'
AND c.parent_plan=0
AND b.lastname<>'Administrator'
ORDER BY b.user_id

I then simply placed that into Excel and created a sql query which created the #__hikashop_address table as follows:
EXAMPLE RECORD:
INSERT INTO `jos_hikashop_address` (`address_id`, `address_user_id`, `address_title`, `address_firstname`, `address_middle_name`, `address_lastname`, `address_company`, `address_street`, `address_post_code`, `address_city`, `address_telephone`, `address_telephone2`, `address_fax`, `address_state`, `address_country`, `address_published`, `address_vat`) VALUES
(1, 276, 'Mr', 'Test Name', NULL, 'Test Surname', NULL, '12 Any Avenue', 'SW11 1XW', 'City', '00044567890', NULL, NULL, 'state_Surrey_4220', 'country_United_Kingdom_222', 1, NULL),
(2,275, '', 'Another Name', NULL, 'Simpson', NULL, 'Address here','KTXX XXX','Unknown', '00223457687', '0777777689', NULL, 'state_Surrey_4220', 'country_United_Kingdom_222', 1, NULL),
(3,274, '', 'Mary', NULL, 'Last Name', NULL, '12 Amazing Road','SW16 4QR','Reigate', '01348 09765', '08633346587', NULL, 'state_Surrey_4220', 'country_United_Kingdom_222', 1, NULL);
ETC...

these are just random silly sample records but you get the gist..

You could include a simple "Create default address" as part of the same routine that you use to synchronise the Hikashop user table with that of Joomla/CB..

This will make life so much easier

Cheers

Cliff

13 years 2 months ago #7872

No, I understand your point. It's not impossible indeed. But it's more difficult that you make it sound like. The state and country fields are not in CB like that, so you need an extra thing for it. Then, what happen if someone change his address in hikashop ? The CB address needs to be updated. And the opposite is the same. You also want to add the address directly when the user register and not with a routine that you run once in a while... imagine if the person registers through CB and wants to buy something with hikashop just after that, or the opposite....
So, it requires time to do it well. On the other side, not having the address synchronized just means that you need run such routine yourself once in a while and the user can just enter his address a second time if he needs to buy in hikashop and that the addresses aren't synchronized. I'm sorry but we have other priorities (like adding critical functionalities to hikashop such as payment methods, export of orders information, etc ) and since hikashop is open, it doesn't mean that you can't add that feature yourself if you need it.

8 years 2 months ago #228678

So... after 5 years, has this progressed? Are the addresses coordinated as yet?

Thanks,

Dave

8 years 2 months ago #228698

Hi,

No. That's still on our todo list.

• Thank you received: 9
7 years 9 months ago #245605

Would also love to have this sync capability ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: adamjacobi

7 years 9 months ago #245619

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

7 years 6 months ago #251438

+1 for this feature. :)

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
7 years 6 months ago #252018

Also +1 for me :)

Adishatz, erix
www.agerix.fr

6 years 9 months ago #273703

With the popularity of Community Builder, I would suggest that Hikashop develop an integration of the user database with the Hika user registration process for purchases and event registrations. I've been using Community Builder for about 10 years and it helps me manage my websites in so many ways. I would like to avoid duplicate registrations. I've downloaded the CB plugin and will see how much I can use that to try to simplify my customers shopping experience using Hika...thanks, Tim

6 years 9 months ago #273762

Hi,

HikaShop is already integrated with CB to avoid duplicate registrations. So when you register with CB you can login with the Joomla (or CB) login module (and HikaShop will accept that), and vice-versa, if you register with HikaShop, your account will be known by CB and you'll be able to login with the CB login module.
The one thing that isn't supported is the synchronization of the user address(es). That's because it's a lot harder to do as the address fields in CB, Joomla and HikaShop are all done differently and can be customized in different ways.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds