Weird layout problem in product column view

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #673

www.geocentricdesign.com/gb/desserts/product/listing

What's that all about? It's like there's products there but they are not displayed in some places.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
13 years 5 months ago #684

It's because you removed the height from the divs. After each line of products, which you need to calculate with the columns parameter, you should add this line of HTML

<div style="clear:both"></div>
I tried to add it manually with firebug and it did the job correctly.
Actually, since not all your products have the same height, the products on the line below get moved to the right. That's why we had a height there ;)

We might do this change on or and so users will have one less option in the module options but will still be able to add a height with the CSS.

13 years 5 months ago #722

I hate it when I write an entire post and it gets lost because my session timed out too soon. Anyway...

I added the heights back in the views and it fixed the Desserts layout. I'm finding it cumbersome to weed through php code to find inline styles and tables, which are outdated ways of coding. There are also display differences between IE, FF and Chrome where the product images overlap the titles. You can see what I mean by surfing my site greenbuffalofood.com/shop. Also, I can't find how to add a title to my Desserts page. I've looked everywhere, so it seems.

13 years 5 months ago #724

Hi,

Since there is an option to change the height of item boxes it has to be inlined and can't be in a CSS file. We just release a new version of HikaShop where we removed this option and use this clear:both CSS after each line of the listing so that it works the way you want. On a side note tables and divs are both useful but for different things. Inline CSS is in most cases not a good thing. Now, we still keep some inline CSS for stuff dynamic or if the user shouldn't change it like the clear:both because that would break the display of the view and would result in the problem you got.

I looked at your pages with Firefox, IE and Chrome and didn't see an image overlapping a title. Could you give a URL where you saw it and with which browser ?

Concerning the title of the dessert page, I suppose you must have changed the title option in the HikaShop options of the menu displaying that page.

13 years 5 months ago #725

I've got version 1.2.1. Is there a newer one? I didn't see it in Update.

13 years 5 months ago #726

It wasn't available yet through the update menu. It's up now.

13 years 5 months ago #734

Sweet, thanks!

13 years 5 months ago #738

OK, I just checked this in IE again and there several layout problems.

www.greenbuffalofood.com/shop/desserts/product/listing
This page has our desserts collapsed on top of each other. This is in FF and Chrome too.

Also all other pages have the products moved up overtop of the header title so you can only see a portion of it. In IE only.

13 years 5 months ago #753

The height of the item boxes is 30px. You set that option in the module displaying the products, that's why it's displaying like that. It's not a bug :(
The default value is 150px I think.
Now, if you use the new version I talked about, you should make sure that you removed any customization you did on those views. Because otherwise, the new views with the new system of display without height won't be used.

13 years 5 months ago #809

OK, that helps a lot. Thanks! I wouldn't have thought that changes to the views would effect only one page but it seems those views were pulling values from the old version in some sort of cache or something. I also didn't notice in the views that the delete icons were in a column that said 'clear customization'. It's easy to look at those icons and assume that they mean to delete the view. It's making more sense to me now.

13 years 5 months ago #815

OK, so I just checked the site in IE7 and that is where my current problem is. The title headers on all the products pages at greenbuffalo.com/shop are cut off, seemingly by a CSS style that overlaps the product container or by the header container div not being filled vertically to accommodate the h2 tag. In IE8 it's fine. Any ideas how to fix it in IE7?

13 years 5 months ago #816

You know, now that I think about it it might be my template. I'll try some things and check back.

13 years 5 months ago #817

Yep, there was a style in Joomla for the body tag line-height: 1.3em that was cusing the issue. I removed it and it's fine now.

13 years 5 months ago #818

I tried again to see the problem on your website with my IE but I still don't see the titles cut off :/
But yes, it can probably be fixed with some CSS in your template.

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by nicolas.

13 years 5 months ago #819

Ah ok, that's maybe why I didn't see the titles cut off, lol...You found the problem before I looked at it.

Great then :)

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds