Filter saving

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 1 month ago #96503

Hi,
thanx for great support first.
Product filter in hikashop seems to be saved per category. I made product filter with manufacturers checkboxes. Then if I click a category and then see all products from the category,
filter condition is saved. But when I change category, filter erases and seems to be saved for every category.
How can I get it saved for all categories and then if I change categories, filter does not refresh.
thanx

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by kostia_lev.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 1 month ago #96724

Hi,

Filters selection is indeed based on the current category. There is no option to change that.
Usually, you associate your filters with a listing of all the products so that issue does not happen.
Also, in most cases, the brands will be different for different categories and so you don't want to keep the selection with you change the category yo'ure visualizing. For example, if you're selling computers and pens, the brands of computers and pens will be totally different, so the filter selection cannot be kept.
So if you still want to do it, what you want will require to modify directly the code of HikaShop core files.
You would have to edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/filter.php and change the line:
$cid = JRequest::getInt("cid",'itemid_'.JRequest::getInt("Itemid",0));
to:
$cid = 0;

(note that this line appear twice in the file and you need to replace both).

The following user(s) said Thank You: kostia_lev

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 4 weeks ago #97032

Thanx, It helped me.
I have another question:
Besides products categories I have menu with manufacturers.
how can I get the filters refreshed or turn off everytime I open manufacturers menu item? Because in manufacturers menu the filters does not make sense.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 3 weeks ago #97406

When you configure your filters, you can restrict there display per category. So if you restrict them to only your product categories, you should not see them on brands menu items.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kostia_lev

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds