FedEx shipping test environment?

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 9 months ago #111188

Hi,

I've setup the FedEx shipping plugin, but can not get it to pass authorization. When I display the order's shipping page, I get the message "FEDEX Authentication Failed". I have entered the test account credentials (account #, meter #, API Key, password, etc.) in the config. I do not see anywhere in the config page to select a test environment or to specify the URL for the web calls.

I need to do quite a bit of testing before going "live", and don't want to end up with a lot of charges that have to be reversed on the real account.

How do I get the test environment to work?

Thanks!

UPDATE:
I was able to get it to signin properly with FedEx by chaning the url in the wsdl file at line 4865:

<service name="RateService">
    <port name="RateServicePort" binding="ns:RateServiceSoapBinding">
      <s1:address location="https://wsbeta.fedex.com:443/web-services"/>
    </port>
  </service>
Now it displays rates, but it complains that I need to resend the request With Home delivery selected -- nothing has been selected yet, that's what will happen on this form. It does list several rates, but doesn't have any radio buttons to select a shipping choice.

Sloan Thrasher
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sloanthrasher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 9 months ago #111236

Hi,

Can you show me screenshots of the problem that you are facing ? and send me a link to your website for testing purpose ?

10 years 9 months ago #111251

You can see it at www.bayousome.info . Just add an item to the cart, create an account (this site isn't live, and all users will be removed before it goes live) and you should see it. I have Joomla Debug turned on.

Here's the message from FedEx (and php warnings from the FedEx script):

And here's what the shipping area of the checkout looks like:

It shows pricing even though there isn't enough info about the shipment to calculate (no dimensions on the products yet). It also doesn't show FedEx ground or ground residence as options even though they are all selected in the config.

Sloan Thrasher
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sloanthrasher. Reason: "Preview" didn't show anything, so I had to submit to be sure I had the right pictures in the right place.

10 years 9 months ago #111256

Ok, Can you send me a temporary access to your website through a private message ? then I'll probably be able to understand from where the problem is really coming from.

10 years 9 months ago #111261

Hi Mohamed,

I just found where the problem is with the radio buttons. In the file frontend_default.css, it sets the radio button to display:none;

Sorry, I can't offer backend access to the site, but I appreciate the offer of help.

Sloan

Sloan Thrasher

10 years 9 months ago #111264

Ok, I glad you found out what was the solution regarding the radio buttons, but regarding the FedEx error messages I can't reproduce it on my end, and we weren't the one who developed it.

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 5 days ago #152208

Thank you! sloanthrasher!

I was having same exact issue with authentication. FedEx has recently changed their web service.

I saw your explanation for changing the "address location" in the wdsl file and implemented it and it works now...

excellent find my friend.

I think im using the current (free) version of hikashop, this change will HAVE to be made in the code if you want FedEx Webservices to work. Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds