Product description on right @ product page

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 9 months ago #111472

Hi,
I am trying to find a way to get the product description aling to the right of the product image on the main product page after clicking on "choose options" button.

I have found a few old posts via search that descibes this but all of these posts mention display/views/ product show_default file to customise in order to move blocks around. The problem I am having is (we are using business version of hikashop) there isn't any show_default file tp edit under views. All I have is product show and this file does not have left-part, right-part, top or bottom bits.

Am I looking at the wrong posts to customise products page? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 9 months ago #111487

Hi,

The solution will be to :
- Go to "Hikashop->Display->Views"
- Edit the show_default file of the product view of your front-end template
- Move this code :

<div id="hikashop_product_description_main" class="hikashop_product_description_main">
    <?php
    //DISPLAY the product description
    echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>#i','',$this->element->product_description));
    ?>
  </div>
after this line :
<div id="hikashop_product_right_part" class="hikashop_product_right_part span6">
Hope this will help you.

10 years 9 months ago #111495

Thank you for your reply but like I have explained there is NO show_default file under views. There is a show (without _default added) and this file has no left, right, top or bottom parts to move blocks around. I am using the latest release of hikashop business pack.

Thanks.

• Thank you received: 13069
10 years 9 months ago #111521

There IS a show_default view file in the menu Display->Views.
It's not possible that you don't have it unless you deleted it, or you're not looking at the correct place.

10 years 9 months ago #111567

Many apologies. Yes there is one. :unsure:

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds