How to restore a deleted product

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 3 months ago #139989

How do you restore or undelete a product that was deleted?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 3 months ago #139998

Well, you can't.
That's why we have a popup to make sure you really want to delete the item.
If you have a backup of your database you can take a look at it and find your product but it's not an easy thing to do.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 8 months ago #276099

Eliot wrote: Well, you can't.
That's why we have a popup to make sure you really want to delete the item.
If you have a backup of your database you can take a look at it and find your product but it's not an easy thing to do.

That's silly, why not use the standard "Trash" method that Joomla uses throughout, even Wordpress uses it. This seems like a very bad design decision. I've deleted several products only to find out later by the project manager that they were indeed needed and it was an elaborate set up, but I wasn't worried because I was sure hikashop would have a trash status like virtually everything else..

only to find this post.. that's disappointing, obviously there's no backup because they were deleted just an hour prior so now that means all that work to re-enter everything simply because of a bad design choice?

Might be time to change carts, there's too many odd quirks that seem unacceptable that we've had to struggle through the last two years and this one is one that makes no sense whatsoever.. a confirm popup ONLY is lazy at best.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 8 months ago #276105

Hi,

Thank you for your input.
It's done so especially to avoid having to delete and then trash the elements when you want to delete them.
If you want to remove them but keep them somewhere, then unpublish them. And we especially have the confirmation popup for cases where you clicked on the delete button by mistake. So I don't see a need for a trash process.
It's not like on a file manager (windows, etc) when you don't have an "unpublish" button and where the trash bin is a proxy like the unpublish feature in a way.
Now I see why someone might expect such trash capability as Joomla offers it. In the 7 years HikaShop existed we didn't have much feedback regarding that as being a problem so I can't say we'll change that, but we'll take your input into consideration for futur improvements.

I would also recommend a backup rotation strategy for your website:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backup_rotation_scheme
Because if you don't, it's really easy to have a backup rendered useless because the hacking of your website happened just before the backup and all you're left with is the backup after the hack happened.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds