Customer account

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 5 months ago #216096

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12

Hello:

How can I set up user account such that the account is setup only for Hikasop and not for Joomla.
I tried turning-off Registration option for Joomla. It did not work.

I would like to setup simplified account with password so that the customers can see their account history by logging into their account.

Thanks,
<<< Ali >>>

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 5 months ago #216117

Hi,

If you remove the "user registration" in Joomla ; it will deactivate user registration everywhere in your website, even in HikaShop.
So I recommend you to use the system plugin : "Hikashop Registration Redirect Plugin"

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 5 months ago #216177

Hello:

I enabled the plugin and added a customer. It still created a Joomla account (See Attachment). However, I am not able to login using this account. Entering userid / password just refreshes the page.

Now, how can I have the customer to access his/her order history from the front-end?

Note: I bought another product but unable to login using the email address and password that was used to create this account. The system thinks that I am not entering any password and generates the following error. Note that I have enabled "Allow Customers To Reorder" option.

Empty password not allowed.

Thanks,
<<< Ali >>>

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by QureshiMo. Reason: Adding more information about logging to the account

• Thank you received: 13036
8 years 5 months ago #216205

Hi,

From what I can see the account is created with a special user group called "HikaShop Customer Group".
If you can't login with it, it means that you didn't allow that user group to log on your website in the Access levels settings of Joomla.

It has nothing to do with the "Allow customers to reorder" setting of the HikaShop configuration.

8 years 5 months ago #216218

Hello:

Thanks for the reply ...

I changed registration configuration in Hikashop to "Inherit" (Which will add user to Joomla Registration group. It is working now.
Another reason the user account was not accessible was the registration option in Hikashop. I had the "Simplified with Password". What this does is register the user with no user id. Therefore, user was registered but no access to his/her account since there is no user id associated with this account. I changed the registration option to "Registration". This change in combination with adding user to correct group, solved the issue.

Thanks,
<<< Ali >>>

8 years 5 months ago #216219

Hello:
How can I remove "Access To affiliate Program" Option from the customer login? I want this option to appear only for select customers.
(See attachments for access level).

Thanks,
<<< Ali >>>

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by QureshiMo. Reason: Added Screen Shot For Access Level ....

8 years 5 months ago #216222

Hello:

I found a solution. Disable Affiliate plugin. However, is it possible to keep the plugin enabled but display the option for select customer?

Thanks,
<<< Ali >>>

8 years 5 months ago #216235

Hi,

Edit the file "cpanel" via the menu Display>Views and add such code:

if($oneButton['image']=='affiliate') continue;
after the line:
foreach($this->buttons as $oneButton) {

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309021

Hi
Can you tell me where to find the guide to setup a customer account like this from the beginning?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards
Peter

4 years 8 months ago #309022

Hi,

There is no no guide. You just have to go to the Joomla menu manager and create a menu item of the type "HikaShop user control panel" so that you can access the user control panel from the frontend once logged in.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309193

Hi Nicolas
Ok, I made this work:-)
But if I login there is no logout bottom?
Hope you can help with this?
Br.
Peter

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309195

If I press costumer account in the top inside costumer account why it goes th the frontpage and show account Details?
And why can a costumer choose time, editor in the bottom?

4 years 8 months ago #309197

Hi,

1. If you want a logout button, you can configure the Joomla login module via the Joomla modules manager (it will display a logout button when you're logged in).

2. For the link to the user account, the menu item where the user is redirected can be configured in the settings of the "user account" plugin via the Joomla plugins manager. The best is to create first a menu item of the type Users profile page or something like that from the "Users" components of Joomla and use its id in the settings of the plugin. Then, the user account link will direct to this menu item.

3. First, note that the user account edition page is a Joomla user page, not a HikaShop page. The timezone and editor selection in the customer account is something that you can deactivate in the options page of the Joomla user manager.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #309221

Hi Nicolas
Ok, thank you, I made this work too:-)
When I click on my basket it shows a new Hikashop login in the frontpage lowest.
When I click on show my basket why does the login not change to a Hikashop login and not the frontpage. This do not look nice, joomla login, hika login and in the middle of the frontpage:-)
Br.
Peter

4 years 7 months ago #309222

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean. The only login HikaShop has is inside the HikaShop checkout.
If you're on the checkout and you don't want the HikaShop login there, just turn off the "login" setting under the "login & registration" section of the "checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration. That will remove this login.
All other logins you can see on your website are not from HikaShop but Joomla. Either the Joomla login module, that you can configure via the Joomla modules manager, or the Joomla login page of the Joomla users component. And if you see the login page from the Joomla users components, it means that you tried to access a page which requires the user to be logged in.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #309245

Dear Nicolas
When I click your account the front page is like this.
Why is it on the front page and why does it not open in a new page for your account. It change page after login.
I would look more nice if I click your account and then it change to another page with login to your account.
Like in the photo it look like a mess:-)
Br.
Peter

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 7 months ago #309251

Hello Peter,

Can you send us a temporary back-end access so that we can directly test it and debug it on your website ? You can send it using our contact form and specifying a link to that thread :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

4 years 7 months ago #309310

Hi,

I was able to access your backend and check your settings.
As I was expecting, the issue wasn't related to HikaShop.
It was because you had disabled the "Login" menu item in the Joomla menu manager. I've enabled it and moved it to a hidden menu so that it doesn't appear in your top main menu.
Joomla is now using that menu item instead of the default menu item and the look of the login page is now clean:
monosnap.com/file/eTCSLQEm2wnJ3Q9LCABrieNMVtMbvx

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #309347

Hi Nicolas
No, I never said it was Hika, only why it is placed in this location and how to move it to another page.
Now it is changing to another page...Great, thank you very much.
Br.
Peter

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds