Filtering products in subcategories does not work

• Thank you received: 26
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #286575

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Can't filter product from subcategorys

Hi,
I created a filter, using characteristics, and i'm using Hikashop Filter Module to display the filter.
If i go to a sub-category that has product and on that category i use the filter, everything it is ok, the filter is working.
But if i try to use the filter from the parent category, the filter does not find anything.
Use Dropdown filter and select JPG to test the filter.

I'm talking about the module from left side on my site.
If you go to this url, you will see the filter working:

This message contains confidential information

Here is not working anymore :

And also is not working in homepage

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by oxido.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 3 months ago #286585

Hi,

On the page /2d-assets/characters before using any filter, there are no products shown :
monosnap.com/file/TphiV8alQAyYemzAOxi3sR6ajhrau1
So even if you select filters... filtering something that isn't there cannot produce any result.
You would have to have products displayed there before using the filters if you want the filters to display something when you use them.

Regarding the homepage, the menu item is not of a HikaShop category/product listing there.
So when you use a filter you can see that the URL changes to /component/hikashop/product/listing?Itemid=144 because it redirects there when the current menu item is not already a listing of categories/products.
So that means that you have entered 144 in the menu item id setting of the filter module.
However, that menu item is not a HikaShop category/product listing.
So you need to fix that setting of your filter module. In there, you should enter the id of a menu item which by default lists all your products. That way, when you use a filter of the module on a page which isn't already listing categories/products, it will filter these produts of the menu item.
Alternatively, you could also configure your homepage menu item to display all the products of the shop and it would work too. Because right now, your homepage looks pretty empty:
monosnap.com/file/ryV3n26MrgbDmZ7OWgmEqSByYvrw3o

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #286632

Ok, i understand what you are saying, but why the filter does not work the way I and others expect it to work?

I don't just want to filter the products from 1 page, I want the filter to search all my products from the database, based on the criteria.
Can I deal with this?

You'v said "On the page /2d-assets/characters before using any filter, there are no products shown", but what this options does in filter: take.ms/j0Udx
filter should not look in subcategories for products with what characteris i want, in this example JPG?

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 2 months ago #286643

Hi,

If you want to always search through all the products when you use a fitler of the filter module, you need two things:
1. have the "force redirect" setting activated in the filter module
2. configure the id of a menu item which by default displays all the products in the "menu" setting of the filter module.

The filter system can work like you expect it to work, but please understand that others might have other needs and being able to apply the filter only on the products of the current listing is something actually used by a lot of merchants.
That's why you can actually configure the module to work both ways.

The following user(s) said Thank You: oxido

• Hikashop Business
6 years 2 months ago #286651

Perfect, that is all i need!

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds