Checkout guest view

• Thank you received: 114
5 years 8 months ago #295404

Hi,

With older hikashop version 3.1.0 we had configured checkout workflow like this.

1. Cart
2. Login
3. Address

So after user login, or register or continue as a guest, the login step would be not displayed if user switch between steps.

Now with hikashop 3.5.0 and new guest information edit feature this is not possible if user is guest. Is there a way to have it like it was before?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 8 months ago #295406

Hi,

There is no easy way to revert that. That would require code modifications in core files of HikaShop. So I don't recommend that.
I would rather recommend to have the login and address views on the same step.
That way, you'll get one or the other on the same step and you won't have an "almost empty" step.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kyratn

5 years 8 months ago #295881

Hi,

Didn't want to create new topic as the question is same, regarding guest information.

Been playing with guest view and noticed that after user enter email address as a guest and shipping address, then after trying to modify entered email ( it doesn't matter if it was changed or not ) after submitting it again, previous shipping address is deleted and user is prompt to enter new shipping address again. Not sure why it is done like that but shouldn't address be saved?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #295885

Hello,

Not sure why it is done like that but shouldn't address be saved?

Guest addresses will only be saved when the order is created, else we won't save any addresses. That's why after using the "Change guest information" button your customer will have to add his shipping address again if he didn't use the "Same address for shipping" option.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 8 months ago #295906

Hi,

What do you mean with "if he didn't use Same address for shipping option"?

I tried to set address as a billing or both but that didn't help. After using "change guest information" the address gets cleared in "show_block_address" view and user must enter it again. However if using "Ask address on registration" option it works fine. So what is the difference?

Now for registered users i must use "show_block_address" and "ask address on registration" option is not for me.

Thanks

5 years 8 months ago #295907

Hi,

I tried to set address as a billing or both but that didn't help. After using "change guest information" the address gets cleared in "show_block_address" view and user must enter it again. However if using "Ask address on registration" option it works fine. So what is the difference?

I just meant that when you check the "Same address for shipping" checkbox, your customers won't have to set a new shipping address after setting their guest information as it will be the same as the billing one.

But if you really want to keep these information after switching guest account/information, then some development will be required.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 8 months ago #295946

Hi,

Ok i see but i still think this is kinda odd cause you asking user to enter same thing again which he already did. It could potentially lead to cart abandonment...

Please fallow my images attached and i hope you see my point.

Thank you

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by kyratn.

• Thank you received: 609
5 years 8 months ago #295953

Hello,

In order to be sure to understand you well can you provide an Url link and your checkout workflow configuration screenshot ?
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Philip.

5 years 8 months ago #295964

Hi,

Please try it here:

This message contains confidential information

1. Checkout as guest
2. Enter email address
3. Enter shipping address
4. Click "Change guest information" and save it
5. You need to enter shipping address again? WHY?

Hope you see the issue.

I have 2 steps checkout as follows:

Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago #295978

Hello,

Thank you for your access, as we said through out last messages :

Guest addresses will only be saved when the order is created, else we won't save any addresses. That's why after using the "Change guest information" button your customer will have to add his shipping address again if he didn't use the "Same address for shipping" option.

There is no option to save your customer address after switching guest information without using some code customization.

However, setting the "Ask address on registration" option to "YES" through the "Login" action of your checkout workflow via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout" will probably help you.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 8 months ago #295984

Hi,

You right. It helps and the address is saved but it gives another issues like that you have 2 views which basically does the same thing. Anyway thanks for clarification.

However i am still confused why using "ask address on registration" the address is saved and not then using show_block_address view... i see no difference.

Kind regards

5 years 7 months ago #296012

Update. Also after deleting address from "show_block_address" view it is not deleted in "change guest information" and that makes no sense...

I am still looking for solution or kinda fix here.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 7 months ago #296024

Hi,

I don't see what you mean.
By" change guest information", I suppose that you're talking about the registration/guest form. If you click on that button, the registration/guest form appears. It doesn't use the addresses you entered previously in HikaShop. It is always blank. If you get values in the fields there, then it's your browser filling in the form automatically.

5 years 7 months ago #296044

Hi,

1. I am pretty sure it is not browser because what would be the point of "change guest information" if email wouldn't be there? So it does save it and also saves address if "ask address on registration" is set to yes. Also Inspecting code i see that all inputs have values with same data as well...

2. My all issue regarding this topic is that if user tries to change hes email via "change guest information" it shouldn't effect address, isn't this right?
Why after each time he press "change guest information" address is deleted from "show_block_address" view and he must enter it again? That makes no sense for me...

3. In order to allow registered user to change they address i must ADD address block to my checkout and turn off "ask address on registration" setting. However this lead to the issue above 2. for the guest users.

4. If i add address block and set "ask address on registration" to YES then it leads to the issue above 1.

If you think that issue 2. is this how it should work then i am out of ideas and i will have to fix and modify code by my own to feel my needs i guess...

Thank you for support and have a great day

5 years 7 months ago #296062

Hello,

1. It's re-setting guest address information because it's stored in your session.

Why after each time he press "change guest information" address is deleted from "show_block_address" view and he must enter it again? That makes no sense for me...

Because we can't save guest shipping/billing addresses before their orders are created. If we stored their address before they confirm their order, it will be a security issue as other customer which will for example fill the same email address during the registration form will potentially have access to addresses from other customers.

If you think that issue 2. is this how it should work then i am out of ideas and i will have to fix and modify code by my own to feel my needs i guess...

In that case you should be careful with the fact that attaching an address to a customer email will potentially create security issues.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 7 months ago #296084

Hi,

Thanks for explanation Mohamed. Everything what u said makes sense.

Now. Would it possible to make same for show_block_address as it is done for guest "It's re-setting guest address information because it's stored in your session."?

Because as example you can try asos.com guest checkout and you will see what i mean.

Kind regards

5 years 7 months ago #296099

Hello,

If you want to keep your addresses when setting the "Ask address on registration" to NO, then the solution can be to edit the file "administrator\components\com_hikashop\classes\user.php", and change these lines :

$query = 'UPDATE '.hikashop_table('address').' AS hk_addr '.
		' SET hk_addr.address_published = 0 '.
		' WHERE hk_addr.address_user_id='.(int)$ret['user_id'].' AND hk_addr.address_published = 1';
$this->database->setQuery($query);
$this->database->execute();

By :
if(empty($_SESSION['hikashop_previously_guest_as']) || $_SESSION['hikashop_previously_guest_as'] != $ret['user_id']) {
	$query = 'UPDATE '.hikashop_table('address').' AS hk_addr '.
			' SET hk_addr.address_published = 0 '.
			' WHERE hk_addr.address_user_id='.(int)$ret['user_id'].' AND hk_addr.address_published = 1';

$this->database->setQuery($query);
	$this->database->execute();
	unset($_SESSION['hikashop_previously_guest_as']);
}

And change the file "administrator\components\com_hikashop\helpers\checkout\login.php", and add these lines :
if(!isset($params['address_on_registration'])) {
	$config = hikashop_config();
	$params['address_on_registration'] = $config->get('address_on_registration', 1);
}
if(!$params['address_on_registration'])
	$_SESSION['hikashop_previously_guest_as'] = $user_id;
just after these lines :
$app->setUserState(HIKASHOP_COMPONENT.'.user_id', 0);
hikashop_loadUser(false, true);

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kyratn

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds