Migrating Hikashop and Hikaserial content partly successful

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 8 months ago #296344

-- url of the page with the problem -- : needcardsnow.com/new2
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Version 68.0.3440.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error messages after turning on debug mode and setting error reporting to maximum.

I searched the forum and read all of the threads having to do with migrating Hikashop content.

My current site is using Hikashop 2.3.4, Hikaserial 1.7.2, Joomla 3.7.2, PHP 5.3. Rather than upgrade it to the latest versions, I am installing Joomla fresh with a new template.

Steps I took:
* Duplicated my current website and purchased/installed the latest versions of Hikashop and Hikeserial (needcardsnow.com/backup)
* Exported Hikashop, Hikaserial, and User tables from this duplicated website.
* Installed Joomla fresh in a 3rd location (needcardsnow.com/new2)
* Imported the previously exported tables into the /new2 database.

I see all of my users, products, product categories, serials, etc. that I exported from the current site. But browsing the categories doesn't work ( needcardsnow.com/new2/all-categories ), "Proceeding to Checkout" from the cart module redirects to the iTunes category page, the pop up cart module "Add to Cart" shows the entire site, not the "Continue Shopping" and "Proceed to Checkout" pop up cart module.

Changing the PHP version on my server from 5.3 to 5.6 and even 7.0 did not help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 8 months ago #296364

Hi,

First, check with the default template of Joomla. If that helps, check if you have the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/category/listing.php and if so, rename it.
Also, you want to turn off the "legacy" settings under the advanced tab of the HikaShop configuration to use the new elements of HikaShop 3. The cart/checkout should work better.

5 years 8 months ago #296391

Thank you for the quick reply.

1. Changing to the default Joomla template had the same issues. My template also does not have templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/category/listing.php or any other hikashop files.
  2. I turned off all 6 legacy settings. It did not fix the issues. I can still not browse the categories (needcardsnow.com/new2/all-categories). Adding to cart does not add to cart anymore. Proceed to checkout still goes to the iTunes category.

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by d2dpcs.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 8 months ago #296392

Hi,

Could it be that you have canonical URLs in your products that are obsolete because the URL of the website is not the same anymore ?
Do you have a SEF extension ?
Or do you have some special system plugin which would mess with the output or the URLs or the incoming requests ? Try to disable the plugins of the system group one by one to see if you can identify one causing the issue.

5 years 8 months ago #296613

Thank you. This lead me to the fix. I had to disable Search Engine Friendly URLs in the Joomla Global Configuration. I would like to use SEF, so will need to find a fix for this now.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds