buy now button instead of Manufacturer URL

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 2 months ago #302654

Hi

My website is ia migration of old joomla since 1.0 and in Greek my issue is that joomla at its early versions could not handle at first utf-8 and sef and had issues with non latin language.
So years passed and we did not enabled sef on our site, we tried once and we lost most of our traffic back in 2012 so we kept sef off and now we are ok.

I use hikashop as a catalog and its module to advertise randomly products in my visitors.
By not using sef we can not use canonical urls to link buyers to external urls in product view.
But i noticed that the manufacturer url is displayed in product view and this is a solution that would solve my problem
I want to hide the link and the title<<Manufacturer URL:>> and replace it with a code button <<buy now!>> or a jpg/gif image with the link instead.

Can someone give me an example or idea how to do this?

Thanks

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Jerome. Reason: adding new lines to make the message more readable

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 2 months ago #302665

Hi,

You would have to edit the file "show_block_dimensions" via the menu Display>Views and change the line:

echo JText::_('MANUFACTURER').': '.'<a href="'.hikashop_contentLink('category&task=listing&cid='.$manufacturer->category_id.'&name='.$manufacturer->alias.'&Itemid='.$Itemid,$manufacturer).'">'.$manufacturer->category_name.'</a>';

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds