Is it possible transform Hikashop into prices engine comparison?

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 1 month ago #303629

Hello everyone. I would like build a web-site like a prices engine comparison. Is it possible transform Hikashop? If it is possible how can I do it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 1 month ago #303656

Hi,

HikaShop hasn't really been made to do that. First, there is no system to have different prices for the same product for different "vendors". You could potentially get by with variants, HikaMarket vendors and listing the variants as a list on the product page. But then the import from the 3 rd party sources would have to be completely cusotm made to be able to support that way of handling things.
So It might not be impossible but it would require development work at least for that.
And then, you'll probably need more customization on the views of the frontend to better catter to the needs of a price engine comparision website.

5 years 1 month ago #303672

Thanks Nicolas for your answer! Maybe I could use Hikashop as product list and change cart button with a button that refers to external URL. But Is possible in the Hikashop Business version to implement this functionality? Thansk for your attention. Have a nice day.

5 years 1 month ago #303677

Hi,

Removing the add to cart button is no problem.
You can set the stock to 0 for example and then change the text "no stock" with a translation override.
Then, you can create a custom field of the table "product" so that you can store the external URL.
And to display a button with that URL, it's quite easy too.
The exact code will depend on how you configure the shop, and which view file is used but it will be something like that to add:

<a href="<?php echo $this->row->XXX; ?>" class="btn">Go to the page</a>
where XXX is the column name of the custom field.
So really easy to do.

5 years 1 month ago #303769

Thank you! Next days I will do as you told me.I will let you know! Kinds regards,

5 years 1 month ago #303812

Good Morning Nicolas. The things you told me to do were really good, I removed the add cart button with "go to the page" button and I put the external URL. However I have a question that I would like to ask you. In the future I will import csv products feed from affiliate ecommerce, and in these CSV there will be Links that link on their web-site. Will I have to put manually for each product the external URL or this step can be done automatically? And if this step can be done automatically what will I have to do? Are there some plugin/extensions for Hikashop or is possible change some row in the index.php? Because I will import thousands/milions products. Thansk for your attention. Have nice day.

5 years 1 month ago #303813

Hi,

If you use the Products>Import screen, you can import your CSV there. In it, if you have a column with the name corresponding to the column name of your custom product field for the external link, the import system will import the link in the custom field. So it sure is possible to automate that.
Regarding the plugins for HikaShop, there are many. You can find some in our marketplace:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace.html
We also have plugins for HikaShop listed in the "integrations", "payment plugins" and "shipping plugins" area of our documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation.html
There are hundreds of them.

5 years 1 month ago #303828

Thank you Nicolas. Kinds Regards!

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds