Custom Field

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #326520

Hello, I also bought a custom field plugin, I did install it then enable it, but I was not sure how it can be added do you have detailed docs, that I can use or would you please advise me how to enable to show up by the checkout page
please see the attachments, thanks

Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 4 months ago #326522

Hi,

You need to create a custom field of the table "order", and not of the table "entry".
Once done, you need to create a new instance of the plugin via the "new" button of the System>Plugins menu of HikaShop, and not via the Joomla plugins manager.
And in there, you'll have to specify the column name of the custom field.
The plugin is only there to add the fee to the cart. But the display of the input field is done by the display settings of the custom field itself and the "fields" view of your checkout workflow. So you'll have to make sure that you still have the "fields" view in your checkout workflow in the Hikashop configuration and that you activate the display settings of the custom field so that it appears on the checkout.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #326533

Hello Nick,
it has been a while, thanks for the quick reply, I want to use the custom filed to be used as a TIP at the checkout, i will try the steps and get back to you thanks in advanced you are awesome as usual

• Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #326534

Hello again,
I did all the steps but still not working for me, would you please see the attachments, thanks

again and always thank you in advanced!

3 years 4 months ago #326547

Hi,

The screenshots you provided are fine.
However, I'm missing two of them:
- a screenshot of the settings of the custom field (since the field is not displaying on your checkout, I suppose that you're missing something in its settings).
- a screenshot of the other settings of the custom field price plugin. You've provided a screenshot with only the name/description/published setting but not the other settings.
Could you provide these so that we can check these other parameters ?

• Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #326571

Hello Nick
here you go the screenshot of the settings

Thank you again

Attachments:

3 years 4 months ago #326580

Hi,

You need to turn on the "frontend" display setting or the custom field won't display on the checkout, which is on the frontend.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #326615

yes, I have noticed that but I need help with something else maybe you can help Please see the screenshot, I need the TIP comes in before the total so it can be added to the total,l, and its untaxable, thanks

Attachments:

3 years 4 months ago #326636

Hi,

Once you enter the value in the input field, the tip will appear where you need it.
But it's not possible to move the custom field itself inside the cart view.
Regarding the taxes, in the settings of the plugin instance in the menu System>Plugins of HikaShop, you do have a setting to choose a tax category.
Then, based on that tax category and the tax rules you have configured in the menu System>Taxes the value entered will be taxed or not.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds