Applying Main Template to Checkout Confirm Page

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #330583

-- url of the page with the problem -- : extonbeverage.com/shop-products/checkout/checkout/confirm.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.25
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 87.0b6 (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error, main website template not applying module css.

The main website template not applying module css to the /checkout/confirm page when the client completes a credit card purchase. How do I get the main template to apply css to the page?

I'm figuring this is an easy one, but couldn't find the answer in the documentation, forum, or my own documentation. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 1 month ago #330591

Hi,

The problem comes from your template.
First, you need to check the CSS files in the header of both a normal page and that page:
i.imgur.com/RFtAT0a.png
i.imgur.com/kdamn09.png
So for the URL extonbeverage.com/shop-products/ you can see that your template adds a CSS file extonbeverage.com/shop-products/?css_request=1&diff=2073527235 to the header, and for the URL extonbeverage.com/shop-products/checkout/checkout/confirm.html it adds a CSS file extonbeverage.com/shop-products/checkout...est=1&diff=869499139 to the header.
So apparently, your template simply takes the current page URL and adds two parameters to it to generate that CSS file link. And then, on every page of your website, your template check if these two parameters are there and if yes, it sends back its CSS code.

However, the extonbeverage.com/shop-products/checkout/checkout/confirm.html URL will trigger the creation of the order and clear the cart. Once that's done, that URL is not valid anymore and thus will redirect the customer to the main products listing of the shop. And that's what you see if you open the CSS file extonbeverage.com/shop-products/checkout...est=1&diff=869499139 instead of getting your template CSS back, like you get when you open extonbeverage.com/shop-products/checkout...est=1&diff=869499139

The problem comes form the trick used by your template. Instead of using the current URL, it should use the homepage URL to construct its CSS file URL extonbeverage.com/index.php?css_request=1&diff=2073527235 regardless of the current URL.

So I would recommend you to forward that information to your template provider.
As a quick fix to circumvent that, you can :
- create a Joomla article with the thank you message you want
- create a link to that article in a hidden menu item via the Joomla menu manager
- edit your credit card payment method in System>Payment methods and enter the URL of that Joomla article in the "return URL" setting.
That way, instead of the default thank you page of HikaShop, it will redirect to that thank you joomla article page and thus that problem won't happen.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #330759

The work around worked. Thank you. I think I had to do this way back when, with the original setup. I'll make a note in my site documentation so I don't have to ask this again.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds