stand alone filter and product listing

• Thank you received: 4
3 years 1 month ago #330905

Hello,

I have a joomla pagebuilder and have created a "shop" page. My menu item will point to this page.

Is it possible to use module filter and module product listings on such a page. I would place both as modules. They actually do show with my pagebuilder, but the filter will redirect me to the core product page (menu item).

I am looking for a way to place the filter and product listings separate as modules.
Can we use modules in order to create a working product page and does Ajax refresh of the product listings work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
3 years 1 month ago #330913

Hi,

The filtering system can only work on products listings displayed by menu items not modules.

The following user(s) said Thank You: knuffiwuffi

3 years 4 weeks ago #331043

Thank you.

Everything is going smooth.
Using a menu item with main product listing now, since Filters will only work this way.

Suggestion:

Maybe we can use modules in the future to build all layouts independent.

If we could position modules (main product listing, main product page, filter, comments, checkout...) with our theme (pageuilder), we could use the templates layout/framework to position everything. This would mean max flexibility. In my case I could make use of already existing breakpoints, order of div's depending on the viewport, ACL. I could also add additional 3rd party modules anywhere.

For this, I guess a "Filter Module" would need to know the "Product Listing Module" to which respond to.

• Thank you received: 747
3 years 4 weeks ago #331044

Hi,

Take a look at Regular Labs' "Components Anywhere" and give it a try. According to a recent forum post there "it is working perfectly" with HikaShop.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip, knuffiwuffi

3 years 3 weeks ago #331076

good idea. hadn't had that in the back of my mind.

The listing will show, but the filter keeps redirecting to component url instead of Ajax Filter the embeded component.

Installed Regularlabs Components anywhere, disabled Search Engine Friendly URLs with Joomla, and used the url with my pagebuilder:
{component url="index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=product&layout=listing&Itemid=155&lang=de"}

• Thank you received: 13063
3 years 3 weeks ago #331079

Hi,

It could indeed be interesting in the future to add an extra option to the filter module to be able to link it to a module provided that they display on the same pages.

Regarding Components Anywhere, I don't know how it handles the display of a component area inside a module area. It's probably an AJAX request. So in that case it's no wonder that it doesn't work properly with the filter system which itself is also AJAX. I don't think you'll be able to go that road for what you want.

The following user(s) said Thank You: knuffiwuffi

3 years 3 weeks ago #331129

Hello,

I understand that you need to rewrite the core for this approach, which will consume (too) much time.
Besides, we can already place additional modules with main product list.

I would advertise mentioned approach as "Widget like flexibility".
Just some thoughts in the back of my mind.

For now I will position additional modules with main product page, as hikashop instructs us to.
Thank you.

Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by knuffiwuffi.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds