Is pop-up mode removed on version 4.4.2?

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 9 months ago #333189

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.27
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.18
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.77 Safari/537.36

I've old site using hikashop version 4.2.2, under tab Display still have option POpup Mode. But in new site using 4.4.2, that option has been removed?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
2 years 9 months ago #333214

Hi,

It has been removed with the 4.4.0 and the support of Joomla 4. With Joomla 4, mootools has been removed from Joomla and bootstrap v2 too. So only vex was left working and this has been the default value that we recommend for many years now while the others were older popup integrations coming from Joomla 1.5 and 2.5 and were often causing issues with templates.
So we decided to remove that option to always use vex which works fine with all the versions of Joomla and all the templates out there.

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #333541

Hi question..

i understand why you had to remove the options.
But when vex is the only one left, and i update the website i get a different view?
Pleae see screenshots. Settings of the old hikashop version of configuration and front end pop up.
After update
screenshot front end?
Did you also changed css??

Attachments:

2 years 9 months ago #333542

Hi,

What you had before is the "add to cart legacy". So you were using the old add to cart system, from HikaShop 1.x and 2.x.
The add to cart popup for the new add to cart system has always been done with vex. The "add to cart legacy" has been removed in the 4.4.0 too. So your issue has nothing to do with the "popup mode" setting being removed but the "add to cart legacy" setting being removed.
And the buttons styling etc comes from the CSS of Vex.
Also, you seem to be missing some CSS added way back for the message in the popup as it should be in green.
The buttons in the popup are actually displayed one left and one right by default, like with the legacy add to cart system. However, since your translation has longer texts for the buttons than in english, it moves them automatically on different lines so that the buttons don't go one over the other. You can reduce the size of the buttons with translation overrides to have simpler text so that it can fit on the same line.

• Thank you received: 2
2 years 1 day ago #340455

Nicolas,

Is there an option to simulate the old behavior.
When the user adds an article to the cart, I would only like to place a pop-up notification which disappears after some seconds.

Our users typical order multiple products from the same category. Now they need to click 'Add to Cart' and 'Continue Shopping'. This is not the best user experience, and we run the risk they do not continue shopping.

2 years 19 hours ago #340458

Hi,

I'm not sure what you're talking about.
The default behavior of the current HikaShop is to display a notification box on the corner which disappears after a few seconds.
The old behavior of HikaShop was to have a popup with a successful message and a "continue" button and a "proceed to checkout" button.

So you're saying that you have the old behavior and that you want the default behavior the current HikaShop, so it doesn't match with your first sentence of "simulate the old behavior".
Supposing that you have a recent version of HikaShop, the behavior after the add to cart button is clicked is dictacted by the settings of the HikaShop cart notification plugin. You can find them via the Joomla plugins manager. So I would recommend to check that out first and foremost.

• Thank you received: 2
2 years 16 hours ago #340485

Ok. Let's rephrase it.
In my site the notification box is not disappearing after a few seconds.

My settings in the Cart Notification plugin are:

Display location: Popup
Continue shopping button's URL: empty
Guest wishlist redirect: No

Attachments:

2 years 12 hours ago #340489

Hi,

There is no option so far to have this popup disappear after a few seconds. That's only possible if you change the "Display location" setting of the plugin (you'll see the extra settings including one to configure the delay before the notification box is closed).
We'll look at adding that capability for the "popup" mode too. Thanks for your feedback.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds