Editing Emails and the content - also displaying extra field in shopping cart su

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334741

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.28
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hi @all.
where can I edit the mails which got to be sent after finishing checkout? We need some more infos included in the Mail-Text and also would love to change colors, texts and so on.
Also:shortly before the checkout ends there is another summary to give the customer the possibility to controll everything before sending the content. We created an extra field in the adress, called "Aufdruck". That means, that this text gets printed on the clothes. But neither on the address (in the mails) nor in the summary this is displayed and also the ordernumber of the product (which contains the size) gets sent or displayed in the email.

How can we solve that?

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 8 months ago #334744

Hi,

You can do these via the menu System>Emails, in the backend of HikaShop.
Note that to change the texts, I would recommend using translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
It will be simpler and it will support multilingual websites.

Regarding the custom address field, if you want it to appear, you need to add it to the "address format" setting, under the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration.
However, I would rather recommend that you configure a custom field of the table "order" which will appear in the "Fields" view of your checkout workflow. That way, the customer will be able to easily set it for each order. With an address custom field, the data is linked to the address, so the customer would automtically get it filled for other orders and it would appear in the "billing/shipping address" areas, which is kinda weird.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334759

thx for the quick reply. But this isn´t what I was lookiing for, because I was still not able to see the texts and so on. In this mail-area I only found where to send the Mail to.
maybe you can giive me another hint?Would be great ;)

However, I would rather recommend that you configure a custom field of the table "order" which will appear in the "Fields" view of your checkout workflow. That way, the customer will be able to easily set it for each order. With an address custom field, the data is linked to the address, so the customer would automtically get it filled for other orders and it would appear in the "billing/shipping address" areas, which is kinda weird.

What exactly do I need to do there? Can you please give me a sample? Can I configure this globally, so I don´t need to add this to every article or to insert this somewhere afterwards?

Also my ordernumber should appear, but I didn´t find a switch to insert this... this is only visible in the summary at the backend but not in the frontend...

kind regards.

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 8 months ago #334762

Hello,

thx for the quick reply. But this isn´t what I was lookiing for, because I was still not able to see the texts and so on. In this mail-area I only found where to send the Mail to.
maybe you can giive me another hint?Would be great ;)

1. We'll need more information through some screenshots for example, to properly advise you with more details. However, note that through your email page (Hikashop->System->Emails->YourEmail) you can edit what should appear in it and how :
i.imgur.com/Ck8ueh6.png

What exactly do I need to do there? Can you please give me a sample? Can I configure this globally, so I don´t need to add this to every article or to insert this somewhere afterwards?

2. You'll just have to :
- Go to the page "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields"
- Create a custom field of table "Order"

That custom field will be displayed through your checkout workflow so that your customers will be able to add a value, and that value will be displayed through your emails.

Also my ordernumber should appear, but I didn´t find a switch to insert this... this is only visible in the summary at the backend but not in the frontend...

3. To display the order number through your emails, using that variable through the HTML code of your email will do the job :
{VAR:order.order_number}

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334794

<td style="border-bottom:1px solid #ddd;padding-bottom:3px;">
			{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_IMG}
			{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_NAME}<!--{IF:ORDER_PRODUCT_CODE}--> {LINEVAR:PRODUCT_CODE}<!--{ENDIF:ORDER_PRODUCT_CODE}-->
			{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_DOWNLOAD}
			{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_DETAILS}
		</td>

says, that the productCode will be shown, when I delete the <!-- and the -->
do I only need to delete it before and after ?
Is this correct then?
{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_NAME}{IF:ORDER_PRODUCT_CODE} {LINEVAR:PRODUCT_CODE}{ENDIF:ORDER_PRODUCT_CODE}

also added the extra field, but it doesn´t appear....

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Machka.

2 years 8 months ago #334805

Hi,

1. No, if you always want the product code, you should change that line to:

{LINEVAR:PRODUCT_NAME} {LINEVAR:PRODUCT_CODE}

2. This is a screenshot of the cart view on the checkout. The custom item field will appear on the product details page. If you fill it before adding the product to the cart, the value filled will then appear on that cart view of the checkout.
So the fact that the custom item field doesn't appear on your screenshot could mean several things:
- that you didn't fill it before adding the product to the cart because the field was not on the product details page, which would indicate a problem with the settings of the custom item field
- that you didn't fill it before adding the product to the cart because you added the product to the cart before you created the custom item field
- that you filled the custom item field before adding the product to the cart but that you have the display settings for the cart turned off in the custom item field settings
To check the situation further, I would need a screenshot of the settings of the custom item field and a link to a product page where it is supposed to appear.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334840

Thx for the answer.

1st. When I start my shopping and select a product, this custom field doesn´t appear too. So I´m not able to iinsert that text before adding the product to the cart.
2nd. all given text should come onto the whole order, so it would be best, when the text just needs to be inserted once, because it´s the same value for all items.
3rd: this value should be visible for the customer, the admin and the vendor in the mails too and in the summary bevor the whole thing is finished... for controlling the value and to change it, when necessary (but only once then.

I inserted a screenshot of the settings in my last mail but will do that again.....

link to a product

Attachments:

2 years 8 months ago #334843

Hi,

Ah, when I wrote my previous message, I thought you were using a custom field of the table "item", but you're actually using a custom field of the table "order".
In that case, the field won't appear on the product details page. It will appear on the checkout.
By default, it will appear automatically.
However, I can see two reasons why it's not appearing on your checkout:
- You have selected categories in the custom field. If the product in the cart is not directly linked to one of these categories, the custom field won't appear.
- In the "checkout workflow" setting, under the "Checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration page, you have by default the view "Fields". If you removed that view, the custom order fields won't appear on the checkout. So make sure that this view in still there and if not, add it back. If it's there, you'll see a "fields" setting where you can select the custom order fields to display in that view on the checkout. So it could also be that you selected other custom fields in that setting of the Fields view, and thus this "Text auf derKleidung" custom field would not display there.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334861

Hi,
Ah, when I wrote my previous message, I thought you were using a custom field of the table "item", but you're actually using a custom field of the table "order".
In that case, the field won't appear on the product details page. It will appear on the checkout.

This was, what you suggested earlier ;) But in this reason it was the best solution....

By default, it will appear automatically.
However, I can see two reasons why it's not appearing on your checkout:
- You have selected categories in the custom field. If the product in the cart is not directly linked to one of these categories, the custom field won't appear.

Ok, but all articles in at least one category.... I deleted this selection..... we will see the changes....

- In the "checkout workflow" setting, under the "Checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration page, you have by default the view "Fields". If you removed that view, the custom order fields won't appear on the checkout. So make sure that this view in still there and if not, add it back. If it's there, you'll see a "fields" setting where you can select the custom order fields to display in that view on the checkout. So it could also be that you selected other custom fields in that setting of the Fields view, and thus this "Text auf derKleidung" custom field would not display there.[/quote]

I inserted this before but it wasn´t visible....
I

and still - also on checkout this item isn´t there to insert my text...

thx again for the help

Attachments:

2 years 8 months ago #334864

Hi,

You've activated the "read only" setting of the "Fields" view.
In that case, the view will display the value already entered in the custom order fields that have been already filled in.
Since you didn't fill that custom field yet, the view only displays the title of the view.
So you need to turn off that "read only" setting.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334894

yeah, great! That helped a lot! Now I´m quite done with this, but there are still some things left like coiores and text-changes, provided as content in the mails.
We get automated messaged in the mails, but would love to be able to edit the texts too....
where can this be done?

I just fit everythin to our needs and our CI - e.g. the blue colored items into black and yellow ;)

and also I get the discounted price shown like this:
-50%27,50 € pro Stück
didn´t find where to edit this part of the discount in my language file.....

best wishes

2 years 8 months ago #334897

Hi,

To change the texts in the emails, I would recommend using translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

In the HikaShop configuration, you have a setting "Show discounted price" where you can configure how discounted prices should appear. Note that you also have a similar setting, under the "products options" of your menu items to change that for each menu item's products listing.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #335099

Hello nicolas and thx. sorry for the delay but I didn´t receive any mail, that there was a reply in my topic.

Thx for repeating your earlier answer again, that I should use the translation, but the translation itself isn´t the problem.
When we receive the mails some additiional stuff is in the mail - like blue colored borders and so on. I found some of that stuff but not everything.
I still habe something and some texts I was unable to locate and to translate them as wished.

-50%20,00 € pro Stück <-- what Variable do I need to change to find that string (-50%)
I tried to configure that as you can see, but it changed nothing.....
Where may I be able to change all the blue elements in the mails? (the pics are already replaced)....

thx for replying again ;)

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 611
2 years 8 months ago #335101

Hello,

1. About email edition, and in order to custom your email, and especially remove this style effect then you have to edit the HTML VERSION part in your email, see my screenshot :
- From Main Hikashop configuration, go to System dropdown => Emails, then click to edit your required email.

In this part, you will find your HTML tags with some inline css command, and so you will be able to remove, replace or complete it.
But you can too start your html part with a <style></<style> tags to insert some css commands.

2. "50%20,00 € pro Stück <-- what Variable do I need to change to find that string (-50%)"
First an advice, from Main HikaShop configuration, go to Advanced tab, and in first part, (Advanced settings), define the "Display view files" option on "frontend".
This will add in your frontend some view information, something like product/display_div (by example), this will allow you to know which view to refer in order to get your displayed elements, html tags, php, translation keys etc etc...

Have a look on this documentation to see how to proceed to create your own override view to stick to your needs.
Hope this will help you to achieved what you need.

Regards

Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Machka

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds