PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335817

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : receiving email from paypal.com
PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning

in the past few days, I start receiving emails from PayPal and the subject is the following PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning, I have been using hikashop for checkout for years without issues, all the email has something in common witch is the following itemid 229,
I really don't want to share the link that was sent to me by Paypal on this public platform, but I'm hoping someone reading this can assist me or the developer most likely know insight into this issue please help, thanks
Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:
Also after reading more on the hikashop forms i find out the reason to orders has not been changed from created to confirmed since this issue start it, please help we are always busy as a restaurant specifically morning time and and weekend, thanks

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by affaf1952. Reason: after reading more on hikashop forms about IPN just add more details

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 7 months ago #335823

Hi,

When I tried to access your website in order to check on the issue, I got that error:
i.imgur.com/KVu8vzs.png
I'm guessing that the issue you have started when you setup sucuri to block people not from your area to access your website, which lead to PayPal's notification servers being blocked too.
You'll have to see if you can configure sucuri to allow PayPal's notify IP addresses:
www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what...aypal-servers-ts1056

• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335828

because the website within USA so people using it within the area of the restaurant, so the Sucuri block any other country besides our area, and the sucuri has been installed and working for the past 4 years, please help, thanks or what is your IP address i will ask them to whitelist it, thanks

2 years 7 months ago #335831

Hi,

Our IP address is 78.199.221.111
However, I would still recommend you add the IP addresses of PayPal.
Because it's possible that some of them are blocked. It could explain the issue happening suddenly, when, for example, the server handling your IPNs was changed for some algorithmic reason on PayPal's end.

Now, I'm not clear on why you bring the id 229 of a menu item.
But it's possible that IPNs would get blocked if you changed the access settings of the menu item that is used for the IPN. For example, if PayPal's IPN server access the menu item with the id 229 and that this menu item's access is not public, then it would refuse the IPN before it even gets to HikaShop as PayPal's server wouldn't be registered with a user group when contacting your website.
In fact, that's one of the points mentioned in www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification which we usually recommend our users to follow when they have notification issues with PayPal. So following the instructions there would be good too.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335845

Hello Nick,
Thanks for all your help and support, every order we receive about 3 emails
here you go what we receive
1- A new order has been created on your website
2- Notification of payment received
3- payment notification : payment confirmed

so we still receive the same emails but it doesn't change from created to confirmed in the back end of Hikashop
this is how is part of error looks like
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=paypal&tmpl=component&lang=en&Itemid=229
also i have contacted Sucuri and ask them to whitelist paypal ip address, if there is more hint of advices please help us, Thanks

2 years 7 months ago #335849

Hi,

If you receive the email "payment notification : payment confirmed" then it means that the PayPal plugin does its job.
That email is sent after the order is updated with the new order status.
Also, the "order status notification" email should be received by the customer. Is that the case ? You can confirm that in the Customers>Emails history menu.
So normally, supposing that the "payment notification" email is sent, if the order status is not changed in the order it could be either that the "verified status" setting of your payment method is not set to "confirmed", or that you have a mass action configured with a trigger "before / after an order is updated" to change the order status to something else, or you have a custom / 3rd party plugin which messes with the order saving somehow. So I would recommend to review your payment method settings, and the mass actions in System>Mass actions.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335862

Hello Nick,
that is what we use to receive but anymore, we receive only two emails
A new order has been created on your website and Notification of payment received
the payment confirmed we don't receive any more
we still have the IPN issue , please advise, thanks

• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335863

Hello

Luiz M.15 mins ago
hi there,

We are seeing the GEOblock rules have been toggled on for all countries except for the U.S.

We do indeed see the requests from API Paypal as blocked by the GEO block rules.

I added 2 of the IP's in question to the "allowed list"

Let us know if you continue to experience any further issues with the IP's on the allowed list.

We will keep the ticket as 'waiting' so we can review once we hear back.

Best,
-Luiz

2 years 7 months ago #335867

Hi,

The geoblock rules would indeed block the payment notifications completely. In that case, the "payment notification" would not be sent and nothing would happen on the website after the payment.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335875

Hello Nick and thank you always and usual in advance,
you are right and on point, things fixed since they added the following IP addresses
here you go just in case someone else needs them
173.0.81.65 ,173.0.81.140
we kept the ticket open with Sucuri until Monday, but so far no IPN Notification from Paypal, and the confirmed orders after creation start popping up it used to be, thanks in advance and let's keep this thread open until Monday for further updates, Thanks

• Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336062

Hello Nick,
okay after testing the site for the past 10 days looks everything works just fine, thanks again and you can close the ticket if you have to, thanks always and always

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds