Changing where image uploads are stored

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 1 month ago #349733

Is there a way to change where images are stored for products, categories, shipping images, etc?

Is everything stored in the same folder or is there a way to create subfolders so for example category images can be stored in one folder and product images in another?

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 1 month ago #349739

Is there a way to change where images are stored for products, categories, shipping images, etc?

I found where to change the global location: Configuration > Files

Is everything stored in the same folder or is there a way to create subfolders so for example category images can be stored in one folder and product images in another?

From what I learned:
1. I would need to create separate subfolders in the default Hikashop uploads folder in Joomla > Content > Media
2. Upload the images from there and then when adding images select the appropriate subfolder, rather the upload button.

But, I am not sure how that would affect the "thumbnail" files that are dynamically created.

Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Alex R.

• Thank you received: 13066
1 year 1 month ago #349735

Hi,

Indeed.
The thumbnails are generated under the thumbnails folder inside the upload folder.
So if you change the upload folder, the thumbnails folder changes too along with it.

Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex R

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds