How to create this product ?

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 1 week ago #350856

Hello everyone,
I have this situation and am not sure how to accomplish it, our client a Restaurant Owner, has a category called everyday Specials, and one of those specials is the following ((( 2 Pizza, 16-inch thin crust and 12-inch thin crust with one topping each)))= $10.00 it seems easy but the 12-inch pizza has about 22 different kinds of Topping and the customer can only choose one, so if the customer chooses special 1 which is the above then he should see the 12-inch pizza and under it 22 toppings and the customer only choose one topping then second pizza is 16 inch and the customer has also 22 different toppings and the customer only can choose one topping, keep in mind both together with only one optional choice and together should be only $ 10 or whatever price,
in my defense, I think that it should be a product and put all the above with limitations the Question is HOW
I create a file to demonstrate the idea please take a look

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Thank you in advanced

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 1 week ago #350857

Hi,

I would do it like this:
- Create a "toppings for 12 inch small pizza" product with the "topping" characteristic added to it. In its settings select the "radio button" choice for the "product selection method" setting. Add the variants with the corresponding price for each topping.
- Create a "toppings for 16 inch large pizza" product with the "topping" characteristic added to it. In its settings select the "radio button" choice for the "product selection method" setting. Add the variants with the corresponding price for each topping.
- Create a third product "Thin Crust 12 inch small + 16 inch large pizzas set" and add both the "toppings for 12 inch small pizza" product and the "toppings for 16 inch large pizza" product as options of this main product and set the base price for the set in there.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 1 week ago #350862

Im so sorry, maybe I was not clear, but the *** corresponding price for each topping.*** not important because it's a special deal, I know the scenario in the picture has prices but no the price is a package deal or let's call it a special deal, the important elements are how I can create a product that has two items and also has all the options of the topping but the customer can choose one option for each item on the same product page, Thanks

1 year 6 days ago #350867

Hi,

Well, you still can do like I said and just not set any prices in the variants of the two option products.
Or, instead of option products, you could use two custom fields of the table "item" and of the type "radio" and restricted to that special product.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 days ago #350883

Okay, I will give it a shot, thank you, I will update this thread regardless, thank you again

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 days ago #350890

Hello Nick, not sure what i did wrong but that is the results please take a look, thanks

that what we want to accomplish but it comes as a check box
Thanks

Attachments:

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 days ago #350891

Never mind i searched the forms and found why, I fixed it but I choose this option because the topping used in many places see the pic

Thanks for the hint

Attachments:

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 days ago #350894

So for future reference, if anyone looking for this, I started by creating un published Category then I created all the published products then I created my specials and added those products as Nick said above as options, and control the settings based on the products those specials i put them under published Category, hope that helps someone else, thanks again Hikashop Team:)

1 year 6 days ago #350892

Hi,

This is the "charactersitics selection method" setting, for when a characteristics is used on a product.
I was not talking about this setting.
I was talking about the "product selection method" setting you can find when you edit the "12 inch pizza small" and "16 inch pizza large" products.
Note that this setting is only in the products if the "product selection method" setting in the Display tab of the Hikashop configuration is set to "on a per product basis"

• Hikashop Business
1 year 5 days ago #350929

Hello Nick,
and that is precisely what I did, and it works perfectly, ANOTHER Question, what about this special (( 18 Inch thin Crust Pizza with only two toppings, the above all was about one topping no how can we allow only two toppings? Thanks

1 year 5 days ago #350931

Hi,

Create two option products as radios, and add them to the 18 Inch thin Crust Pizza product and the 18 Inch thin Crust Pizza product will have two groups of radios, one for the first topping, and one for the second topping.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds