Repeating Custom Fields

• Thank you received: 21
11 months 2 weeks ago #351685

-- url of the page with the problem -- : shower.xvdg.com/component/hikashop/product/6-tile-insert
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 8.2

I'm using custom fields to create a detailed product specification for a plumbing fixture. It works brilliantly except for one feature I am missing. The customer will be able to specify the number of outlets but we then need to get specific measurements entered on each outlet. A repeating field would be the obvious solution.

Is there a repeatable field type available that I can't see?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 612
11 months 2 weeks ago #351691

Hello,

There is no custom field that can be added automatically without limits, now if you know that there is a maximum you can define the several custom field for "outlets" AND for "outlet size" (same number as maximum).

In Custom field setting you have an option, the "Display limited to", this option allow your current Custom field to be display only IF a define Custom field, AND have the required value (in Yellow), maybe there is something to think from this.

You can process some test in order to understand, what this specific option can bring you.

Awaiting what you think about my suggestion, and if you can provide more element in order to allow us to better understand your needs, and maybe have new ideas.
Regards

Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Philip.

11 months 1 week ago #351779

Thanks Philip,
In this case I have used the "Display Limited To" function for a few fields but this one is a bit different. The number of outlets can be anywhere from 1 to 5 and I need the same number of size fields as the number of outlets. I tried selecting the number of outlets using bullet points but as the "Display Limited To" function only allows a single value it doesn't work. ie. If the selection is 1 outlet, I can make the outlet size field appear but if they select 2 outlets, I need both the first outlet size field and the second outlet size field to display. I can't make the first field appear as well as the second because the first field only appears if the number 1 was selected.
Allowing "Display Limited to" value "a" or "b" would solve the problem by allowing me to select more than one qualifying value.

eg. Field 1 needs to display for all choices, field 2 needs to display for any choice of 2 or higher, field 3 for choice of 3 or higher etc.

• Thank you received: 612
11 months 1 week ago #351787

Hello,

Sorry, I was not precise enough in my suggestion, in fact you must create as many custom fields as possible outlets, 5 if I base myself on what you tell me, then you must create 5 custom fields for outlets, and each having its custom field for the size of these outlets.

Regards

Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Philip.

11 months 1 week ago #351806

Yes I understand that. I was hoping there would be a repeatable field like the subfields in Joomla custom fields which is a much more elegant solution that only presents the fields each customer actually needs.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 months 1 week ago #351826

Hi,

There is no repeatable feature like the one in Joomla due to the way the system works.

I still think you could do it with the "display limited to" setting and several sets of custom fields. For example:
- outlet 1 field 1
- outlet 1 field 2
- outlet 1 checkbox custom field with the label "one more outlet"
- outlet 2 field 1 with display limited to checked checkbox of outlet 1 checkbox custom field
- outlet 2 field 2 with display limited to checked checkbox of outlet 1 checkbox custom field
- outlet 2 checkbox custom field with the label "one more outlet"
- outlet 3 field 1 with display limited to checked checkbox of outlet 2 checkbox custom field
- outlet 3 field 2 with display limited to checked checkbox of outlet 2 checkbox custom field
etc

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds