CyberSource Plugin

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #39929

Hello

I'm looking for a Cybersource Plugin - for Hikashop.

Cybersource is the "big brother" to Authorize.net. I would imagine the gateway structure is similar, but haven't had a chance to investigate fully. This would be a sponsored project.

Please have had experience with payment systems / plugins. Email me if interested with estimated time/cost: kevin-at-solasusDOTcom

Thank you in advance!

-KB

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by kevin@solasus.com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
12 years 2 months ago #40192

I can have my colleague send you an email. Thanks.

12 years 1 month ago #40204

beiker - Much appreciated!

12 years 3 days ago #47055

I'm also interested in a CyberSource plugin. Did someone create one for you?

Thanks,

Greg

11 years 10 months ago #53798

I too am in the need of a Cybersource payment plugin. Had anyone looked into the development of such a plugin for you? I would be most interested in sharing costs with you.

Thanks

11 years 9 months ago #56005

Hello,

I'm wondering if there's ever been any movement on this request. I do have a client in need of this. I'm sure there would be many others in the future as well. CyberSource is the payment gateway used for merchant accounts by a major US Bank (Bank of America).

I'd appreciate any advice you might have.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13062
11 years 9 months ago #56010

Hi,

We can develop it for you then, if you can't find someone else to develop it for you.
If you're interested please send a quote request to quote at hikashop dot com and specify which API you will want to use as cybersource provides several of them.
Looking at them, I think that you should avoid the ones requiring to install a php module. That can get complex and not possible with some hosting companies... Maybe you will want to discuss that with cybersource before deciding.

11 years 9 months ago #56021

I found that there were some problems with Cybersource's implementation an using it in PHP 5.3+. However there seems to be some possible fixes ( stackoverflow.com/questions/6219239/soap...odule-within-magento )

Additionally to use it, the "Simple API" would not be a simple plugin and would require php extensions to be added to the server. Most likely it would have to be the "Silent Order" or "SOAP" method - probably the latter would be the most universal.

I'm still working on talking my client into using Authorize.net - but I still would be interested in this.

11 years 9 months ago #56054

Yes, I too think that the soap version might be the easiest to setup for users.
The advantage is that you have less steps in the checkout with the soap.
The problem is that you need to have a SSL certificate setup for your domain for security.

11 years 9 months ago #56057

nicolas wrote: The problem is that you need to have a SSL certificate setup for your domain for security.

That shouldn't be a "problem" - in fact people shouldn't be trying to do ecommerce without an SSL cert. I'd see that as a "feature" ;-)

PS: sent a note to quote at hikashop dot com

11 years 9 months ago #56059

Sure but not everyone is savvy enough or want to spend the money to set that up.

We got your message. I've forwarded it to the team. You should get an answer in the next few days, once they have analyzed the documentation.

11 years 9 months ago #56710

Thanks Nicolas and Kevin for your responses and information. My apologies too for the lapse in communication. It's vacation season in the US and I had taken a short holiday.

Actually, I checked in with my client and he is out of the office as well until next week. I had contacted him to ask if he could track down BofA to see if there were alternatives to using cybersource. I'm still awaiting word on that. Also he would need to approve any costs for creating the payment module.

For a bit of background, this client already has a Joomla 1.5 site with ecommerce that I set up for him 3 years ago. It currently runs Virtuemart v1.4 and has SSL set up. I'm upgrading the site to the newest Joomla and looking for cart system options. He doesn't care much for Virtuemart, and the newest version doesn't seem mature enough in it's development to continue using it anyway. I like the features available in HikaShop and see it as a solid product. So it would be wonderful if it could process payments through cybersource, "closing the circle."

I had installed a 3rd party Cybersource payment module in VM when we first launched the J1.5 site. My recollection is that I needed to ask his web host about "soap" so it's possibly that technology is what is used in that module. I do know that the card validation process happens in real time, and is a single last step in the 4-step checkout process (order confirmation, shipping method, payment input, approval). The client subsequently completes the charge on the card when he ships the order. That is done within his client portal at Cybersource.

If it would be helpful, I could send the VM module php file if it would help to determine which method this was using.

Finally, until I hear from my client I'm unable to commit to authorizing any work. That said, it would be helpful to know what the approximate costs might be. Would you be able to give me a rough estimate (I'm sure this will be the client's first question)?

Thanks.

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by digartist.

11 years 9 months ago #56719

Hi,

I would indeed help us estimate the development properly if you could provide your VM plugin for that as the documentation we found isn't that great.
You can send it to jerome at hikashop dot com who is the one in charge of payment plugins development.

It usually costs a few hundred euros.

9 years 11 months ago #153579

Hello I am interested in learning if a Cybersource Gateway plugin was ever developed. If so we would like to discuss purchasing with the developer if not we would like to get an estimate for creating a new plugin. (Since we are starting from scratch - we are happy to use the easiest gateway API implementation.)

Best,
Jay Murphy

9 years 11 months ago #155611

Hi,

It wasn't developed so far. If you want an estimate, please use our contact form.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds