Curious if any HikaShop store owners need Delivery

• Thank you received: 94
11 years 8 months ago #59191

We're curious to know if there is any demand for a Delivery Date and Time shipping plugin for HikaShop. I'm the CEO of a Joomla custom extension shop and we've built several of these for other shopping carts, but haven't had anyone request it yet for HikaShop. Stores that might need this are flower shops, gift basket or balloon bouquet shops, grocery delivery services, etc.

Are there many stores that do delivery using HikaShop, and if so, how do you currently manage the selection of delivery dates and times? Do you simply use custom checkout fields? If so, what about more advanced features, such as limiting the number of deliveries per timeslot, enforcing a same day or next day ordering cutoff time, charging different delivery prices based on total purchase or postal code, or even charging a surcharge for a prime delivery time?

Overall, does anyone think there is any interest in having an extension to handle more full featured Delivery Date and Time options?

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
11 years 8 months ago #59236

Hi,

That's a great news to see developers interested in HikaShop. We have a lot of demand for custom works and can't handle them all. We would be more than happy to redirect users in need of custom development to you.

Regarding date and time delivery, most users indeed use custom fields as far as I know. We had few users requesting more advanced features like you mentioned and in that case we developed for them a plugin for HikaShop in order to handle their specific needs (there is the trigger onFieldDateDisplay which is not yet in the developer documentation in order to override the date custom fields and do such advanced things).

11 years 8 months ago #59262

Thanks, Nicolas, that's good to know. I'd love to learn more about what features are already supported for this. And yes, we would very much appreciate the opportunity to take one some custom development overflow, particularly anything that is very complex. The more challenging, the better! :)

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 8 months ago #59602

Hi there PolishedGeek,

While I have not yet needed that specific need, I am currently talking to a customer to rebuild their site [and I'd of course use Hikashop as it is the only eCommerce Shopping Cart that I use], so the development of such a plugin while not 'required' would be a very welcome addition to the Hikashop system.

I'm assuming you'd come out with it as a reasonably priced commercial plugin ;) ?
[read no more than $ 20 - $ 25 per license per domain for those limited features]

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

11 years 8 months ago #59641

Hi, Emmanuel -

I just posted a long reply to a similar question from you on another tread, so I won't repeat that here. :)

Our Delivery extensions are little more full featured than most solutions. Here's a link to the latest one we did for VirtueMart, so you can see what I mean - docs.polishedgeek.com/wiki/display/DELIV...alendar+Grid+version

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 1 week ago #151934

Hi Deb,

We are building a website using HIkashop for Grocery delivery and are searching for an extension with date and time slots for delivery. We need it for sure.

Regards,
Anurag

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds