Digital goods: Custom checkout

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #157134

If you can help with setting up/coding a smooth checkout as described below, I would like to get in contact and get a quote.

Situation: I am preparing a Joomla 3 website with Hikashop. Joomla, template and Hikashop is already installed on my dev server and working fine.

Objective: I will give away and sell files (Office, pdf) but have som e special requirements for checkout in 3 variations:

Checkout variant A: File can be downloaded immediately in full anonymity. User press Download button and are presented with a temporary/encrypted random (single use) ( www.mywebsite/a463b4fa74a/file.pdf ) link and can download direct. No info or credentials are needed.
The downloads must appear in the shop statistics, preferably with ip address.
I think Phoca Download comes closest but I prefer to do all administration in one place, ie. Hikashop if variants B + C are possible.

Checkout variant B: Download with mandatory subscribtion to newletter. User press fills out a form with name*, e-mail* and free text field. After submit ("Download") an e-mail is sent to user with download link ( www.mywebsite/a463b4fa74a/file.pdf ).
A reverse flow can also be accepted: First download button, then form.

Checkout variant C: Classic "Buy digital goods". User press "Buy now" or "Add to Cart" button and proceed in a simplified checkout (only Guest checkout. Right now I does not need registration. After payment processing the user receives an e-mail with download link (as in A and B ).
Optional the user receives an e-mail with link to a download page with a time limited link.

I have investigated several other solutions (J2Store, JoomSeller, JooCommerce, DPD, Selz, JoomPolitan and a few others) and they each have fine features. They all have some critical features missing: It is very hard to find a Digital Goods solution with a solid tax-feature that can handle EU taxation and VAT number verification - which I find Hikashop does very well.

I'm looking forward to hear from a Hikashop pro to help with this job. I live in Copenhagen, but am used to collaborate online with partners home and abroad.

Write soon!

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bel123. Reason: Spell check

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds