Mapping Job to Outsource

• Thank you received: 3
9 years 6 months ago #173967

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3

I have two different projects that I'd like to outsource with an immediate start.

The first is pulling product content from a different database into the HikaShop install. It's basically a job of mapping the fields and then executing it as a cron job. This is a database that contains all of the file paths for images, manufacturer product #, descriptions, category, etc. It automatically updates this information with a cron job now and would like to push the fields to HikaShop after it updates.

The next is an integration of inventory and pricing from various distributors.

I have a lot more information for anyone interested, but would like to get any ballpark estimate for timeframe and possibly pricing on the mapping project.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 6 months ago #173971

Hi,

I am sorry but I don't see what we can answer you.
I don't see any specific question that the HikaShop support could answer.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 6 months ago #174069

You're right, Jerome. This is more of a commercial job. I posted from my phone and couldn't outline that enough.

You can lock the topic or delete the post.

Thanks.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 6 months ago #174072

Hi,

I'll move it into the right section :)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 94
9 years 6 months ago #174140

Hi, what's your time frame for this project? It's definitely our kind of work, but we're booked up through the end of 2014 and are taking new projects on for January forward now.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

9 years 6 months ago #174141

I have to have this completed as soon as possible, but I have a much larger version of this project that can wait. I'm putting together a SOW for that project and will post it soon.

Thanks.

9 years 6 months ago #174147

I have a very specific project that I would like to get some proposals on. The integration should be a component or series of components and/or plugins that will integrate more than one system into Joomla 3.3.6 and integrate with HikaShop 2.3.x.

In the United States, there are businesses such as mine which will sell electronic equipment that they buy from Distributors. They don't actually have the electronic items in inventory, but rather they "drop-ship" the item directly to their customer from the distributor that they purchase it from. There are several 4 primary distributors that customers use for this:

1. Synnex
2. Tech Data
3. D & H
4. Ingram Micro

All of these Distributors allow their customers to download a file which contains pricing and inventory information. This is usually done through an FTP file that contains some sort of the following fields:

- Manufacturer Part Number (This is the unique Identifier)
- Quantity in inventory (sometimes listed by warehouse, other times listed as a total on-hand)
- Cost of the item

Generally, there are tens of thousands of products. There are other companies that sell the content for these products. These companies allow the customer to install a "connector" which populates a database with content for each of these products. They often times contain the following fields:

- Manufacturer Part Number
- File path to image(s) of the product
- Title of Product
- Description of Product
- Category of Product
- Applicable Attributes of the Product

This content is controlled by the "connector" which will sync the database as configured by a cron job.

That's where this project comes in to play. I'd like to outsource the development of a component that would allow me to use the Data source for product content with the inventory/pricing from the distributors. Ideally It would have configuration options for the user to be able to set rules, such as:

- Which distributors they want to use
- The markup they'd like to use on each category/sub-category (or a global percent)
- Rules for pricing (for instance, a weighted average price for inventory OR select the lowest price and corresponding inventory)
- Update Configuration settings (once per day, twice per day at specified times, etc.)
- This connection with the distributor databases would also be configured by cron, and it's okay if the cron jobs are not handled by the component.

I can provide access to a database which has the data content which would be mapped for the product information, as well as a sample file that is provided by one of the Distributors so you could see how you would structure the additional databases which would update via Cron and then populate the records in HikaShop. Please see additional files (attached) for example and elaboration of the workflow for the databases.

Thanks.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 94
9 years 6 months ago #174156

Is this last post the larger project you were talking about?

Assuming a Q1 2015 project kickoff would be acceptable, I'll have my team take a look at this and provide a ballpark estimate. So we can talk more privately about the details, get sample files, etc. it would be great if you would open a presales ticket in our system with your direct email: polishedgeek.com/clients/contact.php

Thanks!

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
The following user(s) said Thank You: blueagle1829

• Thank you received: 9
9 years 5 months ago #177898

Dear Sir,

Have you finalized any vendor for your project? If not, we are interested and available.

blueagle1829 wrote: I have to have this completed as soon as possible, but I have a much larger version of this project that can wait. I'm putting together a SOW for that project and will post it soon.

Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay Kumar | CEO

Official HikaShop Integration and Customization Partner

Deligence Technologies - your growing technology partner
E: sanjay [at] deligence.com
Skype/Google Hangout: sanjay.deligence
www.deligence.com

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds