question on pricing and affiliate payments

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #8861

I looked for a "pre-sale questions" board but there is none that I see.

I had a quick look at the pricing for the upgraded versions, so I can think about if I can swing that in the future and I had a couple questions.

first it says:
$166.07 ($138.86 without VAT) per unit

I am in the US and don't really know much about VAT, do we have to pay that? what are the final US prices?

also a suggestion:

maybe you could offer your affiliate payment towards purchase of upgraded editions. and also maybe as time goes on and this catches on a bit maybe offer people who participate with positive solutions on the forum for others some small credit also towards purchase of upgraded editions.

also maybe some "sales" so those who are here often (and encourage other to do so) will have to get it at a reduced rate.

I really like this, and you are in good timing since the others are not 1.6 compatible yet, but I do admit it is frustrating already to keep seeing 'only in upgrade' for things that I am used to getting for free in other systems.

just my opinions. thanks again. you guys are very quick with replies here which is nice.

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by dontflinch. Reason: clarified title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 1 month ago #8863

VAT will be asked based on your address. Once you enter your address and it is outside Europe, VAT won't be displayed anymore.

Our affiliate program is available there: www.hikashop.com/en/affiliate.html

13 years 1 month ago #8864

so the final total price in US would be the 138.86 then?

also, I already found the page and signed up as an affiliate, but it said payment only by paypal and only after $80 US and my suggestion was that if someone gets to say $30 for example and wants to apply it towards purchase it would maybe be a good idea.

13 years 1 month ago #8865

p.s. I also suggest in addition to a pre-sale questions board one for "show off your hikashop".
B)

13 years 1 month ago #8866

Yes, it will be $138.86 (note that the price is set in euros to 99.90 on our end. The $ price changes everyday based on the $<=>€ conversion rates)

Using affiliate credits for orders is not yet possible in hikashop so it's not possible on our website either but that is already in the todo list. So we'll gett around it someday :)

We also want to have a showcase in the future... We'll have to develop it first as we didn't find any suitable extension out there for that. We can always create a board but a real showcase system would be much nicer.

13 years 1 month ago #10748

my customer said they purchased the business version yesterday but that they did not get a link or anything. how is the extension delivered once paid for?

here is the exact email I got:

"I just ordered the HikaShop software! I'm assuming that they'll send me a link of where to download it after they process payment?"

13 years 1 month ago #10757

When the order is confirmed, an email is automatically sent to the customer with a link to the download page. Further more, you can access to your order details page via the menu Your account->Your orders once logged in. There, you will be able to download the install package.

13 years 1 month ago #10786

I have another comment on the affiliate payment. I think the minimum for payout should be 40 euro not 50. it appears that selling one top version generates 21.12 euros. I think it should be that folks only have to sell two (42e), not three (63e), to be able to receive a payout on what they have sold. it makes it prohibitive to want to do it at all.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds