Setup an affiliate person

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 7 months ago #119469

Hi,

I have a group of people that I would like to setup an affiliate for. I have the business. However, under the affiliate link I do not see how I can setup a person (sales agent). There is no add button on new.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 7 months ago #119491

Hi,

The customers can set themselves as Affiliate, you have to create a menu with the type "User control panel" in the HikaShop menu types. Then the customer can go through this menu, click on "Affiliate" and create his affiliate account.

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...l#features_affiliate

• Thank you received: 13037
10 years 7 months ago #119505

Hi,

You can go in the menu Customers, edit the user and turn on the affiliate option there.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 6 months ago #124611

Ok I setup affiliate for one of my customers to receive 15% off. What I would like to do is have to where if he sends someone to us on or offline and they purchased from us that he would get the credit.

So how can I set it up to where they use a code or something to give the customer the affiliate credit?

10 years 6 months ago #124633

You can give him a link to your website with the added parameter partner_id=XXX where XXX is the id of the user and the users clicking on that link to go to your website will be flagged as coming from him and he will get the affiliation commission on them automatically.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 6 months ago #124641

So is there no way to like enter a code at checkout that says it is from that affiliate? If not that may be something awesome for the future.

Also so if the affiliates customer is not logged in when they get to my site, how does it determine the ID? For instance it is like this? www.website.com/partner_id=XX ?

Can we create custom ID's?

Also is there another plugin that can increase functions on this affiliate program? I would love to be able to say..... enter my code so that I can get a credit for your purchase.

10 years 6 months ago #124643

You can create coupon code and force them to affiliates. That way, if a user enters that coupon code during the checkout, the partner assigned to that coupon gets the affiliation fee automatically.

It can be any URL. You just need to add the partner_id parameter in the URL like any other parameter.
For example: www.mywebsite.com/index.php?option=com_h...cid=1&partner_id=XXX
or: www.mywebsite.com/index.php?partner_id=XXX
The id is the id of the partner. You can see it on the listing of partners for each one. It's not possible to change it.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 6 months ago #124653

I created coupon and forced to affiliate member like you mentioned. Seems to work nice.

However, I am using percentage and it is calculating the percentage on the product and shipping. How do I set it so that the affiliate only gets paid on the product sale minus shipping amount?

Also how do I get it to send an email to the affiliate member that their customer ordered?

Thank you. Really like HikaShop business.

Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by fan4chevy.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 6 months ago #124744

any ideas on how to get it not to base % on shipping?

10 years 6 months ago #124774

You can turn off the "Percentage fee including shipping" option of the Affiliate section of the configuration for that.

Regarding email notifications, there is no such possibility.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 6 months ago #124795

Can you please explain where this is done? Is it in coupon? If so I don't see where I can turn shipping off.

10 years 6 months ago #124839

It's in the Affiliate section of the configuration of HikaShop, as I said in my message :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...l#features_affiliate

• Hikashop Business
10 years 6 months ago #124938

I am in the configuration affiliate section and I already had it set to 'Percentage fee including shipping No ' .

However, there is a bug. If it is set to NO it includes the shipping in fees. If you set it to YES it does not include the shipping in fees. The system has it backwards.

Also is there a way that on affiliate coupon to have it to where the customer that enters the code can get a discount but this discount does not take away from the affiliates percentage?

Thank you again.

10 years 6 months ago #124952

Thank you for the feedback on the option. The label of the option is wrong actually. It should be "excluding", not "including".
We'll fix that in next version.

If your coupon has a discount of 10% and that the affiliate commission is 10%. If you don't want the coupon to take away from the affiliate commission, couldn't you just adapt the percentages so that it compensate for the discount not taking away from the affiliate commission ?

• Hikashop Business
10 years 6 months ago #124996

It is probably possible. Have you considered making it an option in a future release to do it the way it is or not effect the commissions as well.

10 years 6 months ago #125034

We didn't consider that up until now as you're the first one talking about such thing. We could add that in the future though.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 6 months ago #125268

I think it would be a great feature. B)

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds