Affiliate discount getting applied shipping

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #150355

- Joomla v. 2.5.7
- Hikashop v. 2.0.0

In HikaShop, I checked the "NO" box saying "Percentage fee including shipping" but once an order is confirmed and is paid through PayPal, my 15% discount is being applied to everything - products and shipping. I believe PayPal does not know what portion of the total billable amount is product vs shipping. Is there a way to configure PayPal to not apply the Affiliate discount to the grand total amount but rather just the product amount? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 11 months ago #150423

Hello,
Do you have the correct price if you set the "Send details of the order" option of your PayPal configuration screen to NO ?

9 years 11 months ago #150673

I had it set to "YES" originally, changed it to "NO" per your suggestion but that did not fix the problem. My 15% affiliate discount is consistently being applied to the Grand Total. PayPal cannot seem to figure out what part of that total is product only vs product plus shipping.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 11 months ago #153264

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply, did you solved your issue ? Also :

I believe PayPal does not know what portion of the total billable amount is product vs shipping. Is there a way to configure PayPal to not apply the Affiliate discount to the grand total amount but rather just the product amount? Thanks!

You're talking about PayPal which is having a discount applied on products and the shipping price, but do you have a good discount value through your checkout workflow ?

9 years 10 months ago #154763

No. When I set "send details of order" to NO, I still get the same result (i.e. affiliate percentage applied to grand total, not just product). I really need to get this issue resolved since I am due to pay my Partners. Any other suggestions? I've attached a screenshot showing how I currently have things configured.

Attachments:

9 years 10 months ago #154771

Success! I solved the problem. I found an older post from someone with a similar problem in Europe. Per a reply from Xavier:

"Hi, There is a mistake with the translation, you have to check "Yes" to exclude the shipping fee."

So, fellow USA users: be sure to check YES for "Percentage fee including Shipping."

I guess sometimes No really does mean Yes! ;-)

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds