How do affiliates check their sales?

• Thank you received: 4
7 years 3 months ago #258057

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5

Hi!

I'm now used to asking stupid questions so here I go: I've read the documentation, search the forum and didn't find it. I logged in with an affiliate test account, both front and back end.. and didn't see much neither.

So can my affiliates check their sales themselves?

Is it possible to export sales for all affiliates and then eventually do a script to extract the right info per affiliate?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 3 months ago #258060

Hi,

You can create a menu item of the type "HikaShop affiliate program" via the Joomla menu manager.
When you affiliates access that menu item, they'll be able to see their commissions.
You can aslo see that if you edit the partner via the menu Affiliates>Partners in the backend of HikaShop.
You can create a mass action with a filter on the order_partner_id superior to 0 with an action to export a CSV with the columns you want in your CSV.
You can them open it in Excel and sum / filter the entries per affiliate with Excel's functions.
Otherwise, you can simply look at the menu Affiliates>Partners which has one line per partner with the total amount of commissions for each.

7 years 3 months ago #258100

ok cool. Thanks a lot.

As I'll have to recalculate commissions is there a way to automate the export like daily or weekly (cron type of task) to place it in a folder and then have a script process it?

Thank you.

ps: of course I replied before trying... is there a way to only display that menu to affiliates, and not every customer?
ps2: and I have now figured how to pay affiliates through the backend/affiliates/partners unfortunately (or fortunately) after I cliecked proceed it said Paypal had an error but then when going back to that same affiliate/partners interface the due amount was set to zero assuming I paid. Is that a bug?
ps3: playing with the export function but I cannot find the filter you're mentioning. I am adding a screenshot of what I have. Thank you.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by bfred.

7 years 3 months ago #258112

Hi,

ps1. You would have to restrict the menu item to a user group in the Joomla menu manager and have the affiliates user account in that user group.

ps2. The system sets the unpaid amount to 0 just before redirecting you to PayPal. If then PayPal has an error, then you'll have to pay via PayPal manually.
So it's normal that if you go back to that interface after a PayPal error you see 0 yes.

ps3. Your screenshot is for the filters of the "product" data. Since you want to export sales data, you need to select "order" at the top. You'll then be able to use the order columns like order_partner_id in your filters.

7 years 3 months ago #258190

ok cool! So I followed your indication and it worked... well almost. I see the mass action actually works like a cron job. Unfortunately I picked both export path and emailing the file but I don't see anything in the folder or in my inbox. I use the fixed path /home/mydomain/public_html/reports (and created reports) and a normal email address.
What am I missing this time?

Thank you.

ps: ok, I did it again. There is a Process button. I am not sure if I need to click every time I want the report or just to start the process (currently set every minutes. I did receive an email, but it is empty and the folder is empty too.

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by bfred.

7 years 3 months ago #258191

Hi,

If you want to manually run the process, you can click on the process button and you don't need any trigger.
If you want to run the process automatically, you need to use a trigger like every day and you also need to have your cron task working:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-cron-task.html

7 years 2 months ago #259563

Thank you for the link. Again I've had issue because the site is a development site and protected by a password. It seems I can't get the cron running automatically as long as I have this protection.

Now I've run it through the browser and also I suppose the "process" button does this too but I am always getting nothing (an empty email and no file stored in the server. Is the file on exporting "recent" transaction, or is there a way to have them all in that file to make sure I'm able to get something.

Thank you.

7 years 2 months ago #259579

Hi,

The cron process is run from our website.
If you want it to run even when your website is protected you should configure your own cron on your hosting:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ron-task.html#server

Can you provide a screenshot of the settings of your mass action ? Did you try with no file path and no email address ? Do you get the CSV ? What's in it ?

7 years 2 months ago #259637

Hi!

Actually I have the same problem when running the cron job from my server as I'm giving the "public" URL. I'm working on fixing that but this is a minor issue which either way should be fixed once the export works :-)

Now I am attaching the screenshot of my mass action. I initially tried without email and path and got nothing, now I have a valid path and email and while I am receiving an email telling me "Fichier CSV de l'action de masse" the whole message is empty and has no attachment. There is also no file in the setup directory configured on the server.

The cron report (as I can run it manually) says:
"HikaShop lancé le 2017-01-16 08:35
---- Details ----
Taux mis à jour avec succès"

So I must obviously be missing something (as always) but still wondering what :oops:

Thank you for your patience.

ps: I've noticed you can actually display the result on screen. So I tried, I selected all the fields and am only getting this with data in:
order_billing_address_id order_created order_currency_id
2 Tuesday, 03 June 2014 EUR

Of course all the fields appear since I selected them but they seem empty. I have however done some testing in November / December and since there is an order from 2014 I would think the more recent orders would appear too.

I also change the saving path from my server path (set up on the screenshot) to a web related path, current reports. I tried both reports and /reports and still get nothing, though the directory is writeable.

I hope those extra info will help to clear out the issue.
Thank you again.

ps 2: and since I had to wait for your response, I tried without having an email and directory set up. This time Hikashop offered to download the file and all the data are in that file! Yeah... so now how do I do to get it automatically either by email or saved on the disk?

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by bfred.

7 years 2 months ago #259678

Hi,

So if you get the CSV with all the data when you manually process it, it's a good first step.
At least the data is being loaded correctly.

First, you want to check that your cron task is working:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...cron-task.html#check

Once you know it is working, it means that every hour, the system will run the mass action.

For the email to be sent with the CSV file, both a valid path and a valid email address need to be filled.
Make sure that you provide a valid path like: /path/to/my/website/myexport.csv
Also make sure that the mass action notification email is enabled in the menu System>Emails.

7 years 2 months ago #259744

Hi again...

And here it is... the path is actually supposed to include the filename! Bugger! That was my mistake... I just put the path thinking Hikashop was picking the filename.

Ok, so all is well in the hikashop world again.

Thank you very much.

Fred

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds