Affiliates not converting

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #285073

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 7

I am able to see affiliate click logs registering however, no commissions are being added. All is configured as I can see appropriate including the plugin, order statuses and configuration pages. I believe this might be a routing issue that the affiliate link is not counting during the checkout process maybe? I've also ran into the same problem when trying to use Affiliate Tracker.

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by simplecms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 3 months ago #285077

Hi,

When someone clicks on an affiliate link and is redirected to your website, the HikaShop affiliate plugin takes the parameter of the affiliate in the URL and adds it to the cookies of the browser. It also adds the click in the database at that point.
The browser sends that cookie on all the pages of your website until it expires (1 month after that).
So when you are at the end of the checkout and finish, HikaShop creates the order, calls the plugins and the affiliate plugin takes the cookie with the affiliate information and add the affiiliate commission in the order.

From what I wrote above, you can see that it can't be a problem with the routing on the checkout since the affiliate information is not in the URL after the first page displayed on your website by the person arriving.
And I don't see why the browser wouldn't send the cookie either.

However, the commission is only taken into account AFTER the order's status is changed to "confirmed" after HikaShop is notified by the payment gateway that the payment has been done.
So first, you must make sure that this is the case.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #285115

Yes I can guarantee that the order is changed to "Confirmed" before I look to see if it is marked as an affiliate sale. It's not.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 3 months ago #285146

Hi,

Then there must be an issue with the settings of the order statuses or with the settings of the affiliate section in the HikaShop configuration.
Could you provide a backend access, a link to this thread, the email address of a partner and the order number of an order for which the affiliate commission should have been added for that partner ?
Please send that via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds