Change the look of the page for every affiliate

• Thank you received: 22
5 years 11 months ago #291869

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hi,

I'm looking for an option to use (a sort of) affiliate where it's possible to change the look of the page when they come from an affiliate.

So when people come to the shop from affiliate link nr1 it uses template nr1 for the landing page of this affiliate.

Would this be possible with Hikashop or would this be possible for example with HikaMarket ?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
5 years 11 months ago #291872

Hi,

It's possible yes.
With the HikaShop affiliate system, the affiliate link has a special parameter (it's "partner_id" by default) to know the partner.
So then, you can use an extension to define which template to use based on that parameter in the URL.
www.metamodpro.com/chameleon/chameleon

• Thank you received: 22
5 years 11 months ago #291952

Yes, thats great.

What would even be better if there is a way to make the template "stick" for the duration of the visitor from that affiliate link...
I can only guess that this is not so simple... but you never know until you ask :)
Would you know of any trick / work around then that is nice.

If it requires some custom programming then I would also love to hear it so I know where to go to for a solution.

Thanks !

• Thank you received: 13063
5 years 11 months ago #292007

Hi,

I don't know all the features of chameleon. Maybe they have something in place to be able to do that easily.
So I would recommend to first check with them.
Otherwise, with a small system plugin, you could just get the partner_id parameter in the URL and store it $_SESSION and then, on each page, you would then get it from $_SESSION and set it back to the URL in $_GET and or $_REQUEST and then chameleon should be able to use it for its filters (to confirm with them). In that case, it would only require something like 10 lines of code in the plugin.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds