Automatically pay affiliate commission for every purchase by user

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikamarket Multivendor
3 years 4 months ago #327006

Hi,

Is there any way to change the affiliate settings so that no matter how a user accesses the site, they always get commissions on sales?

So even if they don't use their URL, but log in from a regular link, they still get commissions? I am trying to set this up as essentially a "discount" program. So users would be rewarded with "cash back" for orders when their orders reach a particular value.

OR, if that's not possible, how do I manually assign orders to a particular user?

Thanks.

Tamara

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by DogPeople.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 4 months ago #327046

Hi,

When you edit a customer via the "Customers" menu, you can see a "partner" setting where you can select the partner associated with the customer.
With the option "Add partner to user account during registration" activated, the partner will automatically be assigned to the customer's order. You'll also want to set the validity period to 0 so that there is no expiration.
Then, you could even create a mass action via System>Mass actions to automatically set the user_id of the customer as his user_partner_id and auto activate the "partner" option so that the customer would automatically becomes his own partner when he creates his account.

As an alternative, how about using the points system so that when the customers purchase something, they get points ?
Then you could setup a contact form so that they could request a payout for their points if you don't want them to use their points for future purchases.

3 years 4 months ago #327093

Thanks! The Affiliate system you mentioned will work. I am trying to create the mass action, and I think I have most of this right, but I have no idea what to do after the action. Still trying to figure out INT, OPERATION, STRING and FLOAT.

Can you take a look and let me know what that should be, and what changes I need to make if any?

To clarify, I only want this to happen if a user signs up as a particular type of user, or is converted to one, so I have based the trigger on create and update, and the Joomla ACL group.

Thanks!

Attachments:

3 years 4 months ago #327098

Hi,

I've been trying to assign myself as an affiliate on my own account, and it will not save. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere I need to change for this? that seems to be the problem assigning sales by the affiliate program.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 4 months ago #327118

Hi,

If you want to set a column to a particular number (for example you want to set the column user_partner_activated to "1", then you want to use "INT".
If you want to set a column based off of the value of another column, you need to use the mode "OPERATION". And in the input field you'll want to enter user.user_id (where "user" is the table where the data is, and "user_id" is the column from which the data is taken).

I just tried to select the same user as partner as the user I'm editing and it saved fine on my end, even with the setting "No self affiliation" turned off.
Please note however that if the mass action you provided a screenshot from is enabled, then the way you configured it now will force to remove the affiliate from the user each time a user is updated. So your issue probably comes from this mass action :)

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds