order not added to affiliate

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #333937

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.27
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.16

Hi,

Since some time the orders are not added to the affiliates anymore. I've made some screenshots to show the orderpages.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 9 months ago #333951

Hi,

Did you use the affiliate link of a partner before making that order ? Did you create a new account or used an existing account ?
Could you provide a screenshot of the "affiliate" section of the HikaShop configuration ? And one from the System>Order statuses menu ?

• Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #334002

Hi,

The orders are made directly on the website (see screen1.jpg, the right link is in the addressbar). It's an existing account, it has worked fine for years. Here are the screenshots.

Attachments:

2 years 9 months ago #334004

Hi,

You set a "Validity period" of 3 weeks. So the affiliate cookie added to the browser of the user will be valid for 3 weeks after you click on the affiliate link. After that, there will be no cookie so the system won't know that you came from somewhere else and won't add the affiliate to the order.
Also, you have the setting "Add partner to user account during registration" turned off. When turned on, if someone registers to your website while the affiliate cookie is still in his browser, the information will be transfered to his user account and in that case, the affiliation will be valid without a validity period.
Finally, you have the "No self affiliation" activated, so the user account you're using for your test purchase cannot use the affiliate link he got as a partner. It needs to be the link of another partner.

So the way you setup the affiliate program, it should only work if you click on the affliate link of a user account and then place an order. I would recommend that you test this first.
If it worked with existing accounts for years without validity period, it's probably that you had the "Add partner to user account during registration" setting turned on before.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #334018

Hi Nicolas,

No, the orders always are placed directly on our own website and not coming from any external affiliatelink.

I work together with some painters who allow us to use some of their paintings for producing unique nameplates. These artists are the only affiliates we work with. So we don't wan't customers to become affiliates, just artists we choose ourselves.

In the past I made for every product with art from these artists an affiliatebanner as shown in screenshot 9. When any customer choose this product on our website, the affiliatelink is visible in the addressbar and used for the checkoutproces (screenshot 1).

I don't think the valid period has anything to do with this as the affiliatelink comes from our own website? I tried both the "No self affiliation" button activated and deactivated, but this didn't help solving the problem?

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by michelpouli.

2 years 9 months ago #334023

Hi,

Since the user will be directed to the link with the affiliate parameter before the order, then it sure is not a validity period issue.
And the self affiliation has nothing to do with it either.
I was suggesting these since these would be normally the most likely causes without knowing the context.

Thanks to your first screenshot, I got the partner_id and URL of your website to check a bit the situation. And when I use a URL on your website with the partner_id parameter set to 3400, I don't get any cookie added on my browser by your website.
I can see several reasons for that:
- the user with the user_id 3400 is not there
- the user with the user_id 3400 is there but its affiliate setting is turned off
- the partner key name setting in the affiliate plugin has been changed to something else than partner_id
Could you please check these ?
Normally, when you use a URL with the partner_id, a cookie should be added to your browser. You can check this with an extension like EditThisCookie:
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/editth...fhccceomclgfbg?hl=en
Also, you should see an entry added to the Affiliate>Clicks menu in your HikaShop backend.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #334073

Hi,

Ok, well I will look into that, thanks.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #334247

Hi Nicolas,

Well, the user is active and the affiliate is turned on and the partnername didn't change (screen 11). The entries are added to the clicks menu (screen13).

The website uses the JCH optimize plugin, so I disabled it to see if that was the cause, but nothing changed when testing.

Attachments:

2 years 9 months ago #334261

Hi,

I'm out of ideas. I'll need to do some debugging to understand what's going on.
Could you provide a backend access and a FTP access via our contact form along with a link to this thread for reference ?

www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #334288

Hi,

just sended you the info.

2 years 9 months ago #334330

Hi,

I couldn't log into your backend. When I try to access administrator I got redirected to your frontend.
So I suppose that it needs a specific URL.
Anyways, I was able to use the FTP and did some debug and found that the HikaShop affiliate plugin works well and properly tells the browser to set the cookie.
However, it seems that you have a cookie control extension which blocks this.
Actually, analyzing the HTML code of the page, I found at the end of your homepage that you have some cookie thing that needs to be accepted. And once you do the cookie is then set properly.
So the issue comes from there. People must not have accepted the cookies as your system is not strong enough to force them to click on the button. And thus that extension cancels the cookie set by HikaShop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: michelpouli

• Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #334333

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you so much for looking into this! I changed some settings in the cookie plugin and the problem was solved. Still don't know how this was caused as this plugin was already installed years ago.

• Thank you received: 1
2 years 8 months ago #334752

Hello, we are having a similar if not the same issue. A customer that had previously used an affiliate link with no issues placed another order with the same affiliate link and the second order does not show up. I am posting here and not a new thread because we have much in common. We also do not want customers to have access to the affiliate program. It is only for people the business owner chooses. Any ideas?

Attachments:

2 years 8 months ago #334757

Hi,

So do you have cookie control extension like @michelpouli has on his website ?
Could you give an example affiliate link so that we can try it out ?

2 years 8 months ago #334776

No I do not have any extensions like that. We only have one affiliate at this time. Here is the link.

www.alittlebitofpaint.com/index.php?partner_id=16

2 years 8 months ago #334781

Hi,

I checked the link and the affiliate cookie is properly set in my browser when I use your affiliate link:
i.imgur.com/RzLJzdf.png
Are you able to reproduce the problem by placing an order from that affiliate link ?
Because looking at your affiliate settings and seeing that the cookie is set properly, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

2 years 8 months ago #334783

nicolas wrote: Hi,

I checked the link and the affiliate cookie is properly set in my browser when I use your affiliate link:
i.imgur.com/RzLJzdf.png
Are you able to reproduce the problem by placing an order from that affiliate link ?
Because looking at your affiliate settings and seeing that the cookie is set properly, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Ok, and there is no reason you would know why a customer used it once fine and the second time she used the link the affiliate did not get credit for it? I did not know if there was a setting that would prevent multiple uses that I was unaware of. So it sounds like this is going to be an issue browser side. On the customer's end, that is.

I'll have to keep a close eye on it and go from there. Thank you for your help.

2 years 8 months ago #334784

Hi,

As long as the cookie is still in the browser, the affiliate will be added to the order, even after several orders.
So either the user didn't use again the link with the extra parameter before his second order, or he has an extension blocking cookies on his browser.

The following user(s) said Thank You: smoore

2 years 8 months ago #334795

nicolas wrote: Hi,

As long as the cookie is still in the browser, the affiliate will be added to the order, even after several orders.
So either the user didn't use again the link with the extra parameter before his second order, or he has an extension blocking cookies on his browser.

Thank you. That is exactly what I was thinking. More than anything I just wanted to verify my settings weren't an issue. I have used Hikashop on websites for many years. However, this is the first website I have used the affiliate feature on. I honestly wouldn't want to use any different script. I love Hikashop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds