Social sharing doesn't show the banner

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 1 month ago #349630

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.0
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 4.2.8 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 110.0.5481.105
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Social sharing doesn't show the banner

I would like to purchase your latest version also to use the affiliation system.
Looking on your site I found this area: www.hikashop.com/component/hikashop/affiliate.html

I tried to get the htmal codes but when I go to share them on facebook the banner doesn't appear, do you have a particular code for this type of sharing?

I would also like to know if it is possible to create a form for private affiliates and one for corporate affiliates

Thanks in advance for your reply

Pippo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 1 month ago #349635

Hi,

There are two different things:
- social sharing : This can be done with the HikaShop social networks plugin. It will add facebook/twitter/etc buttons on the product details page of the products on your website. When someone will click on one of these buttons, it will allow them to share the product they are looking at on the social network with their account there.
- affiliation : This will provide the users with HTML they can add anywhere accepting HTML. People using the link they added will be counted as their affiliates and they can earn a commission on the sales made by their affiliates.
Facebook doesn't access HTML when posting a message. So you can't directly get the HTML of the affiliation to post it on Facebook.
If you want to post an affiliation link on Facebook, instead of the HTML, you need to copy/paste the "Link".

Regarding your last question, what kind of form are you talking about ? A registration form ? A contact form ? I'm not sure I have the full picture of what you're trying to do.

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 1 month ago #349639

Hi,

I need affiliates to take the banner/product code and share it on facebook. Link sharing is not nice.
Is it possible that there isn't a way to create a code that is accepted by facebook?

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 1 month ago #349642

Hi,

As far as I know, Facebook doesn't allow you to post/share a link with a custom image.
When you post/share a link, Facebook automatically selects the image for you based either on the meta tags on that link, or based on the images it can find on that link.
But you can't have a copy/paste area where you provide both the link and the image to use for the sharing.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds