Outbid Email Notification

• Thank you received: 9
6 years 7 months ago #275520

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- HikaAuction version -- : 2.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4

We have our auction setup so that it is "not under current price and bid increment" (bid increment is 1)

The backend history shows correctly:

The frontend product shows correctly:

The issue is that the outbid email notification is wrong. It shows the "max bid" instead of the current price. We do not want the max bid shown. Just the current price.

How can we fix? Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 7 months ago #275640

Hello,

The current price will only show the "minimum amount" your customer will have to bid so that his bid can be taken into account. At the end of the auction, the winner will win the auction for an amount equals to the second highest bidder max bid.

Also, the Current price will be set to the second (customer) highest bid + bidding increment, the bidder with the highest bid will always be the winner until a customer bid with an higher value.

For example in your case the current price will be 17€.

However, the amount sent via email for the outbid notification will be the amount, that your customer have to bid to be the new winner again. That value can be changed by editing the code of the "Preload version" section of the "HikaAuction : Auction outbid notification" email via "Hikashop->System->Emails".

Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mduda

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 7 months ago #275753

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

Also, the Current price will be set to the second (customer) highest bid + bidding increment, the bidder with the highest bid will always be the winner until a customer bid with an higher value.

Hi Thelji, i really don't want this feature. Because at the end of the Auction, the winner is charged at the 2nd highest bid amount.
I need the current price to be set to be the highest bid.
I'm also having plenty issues with Hikaauction which i really cant explain.
Some customers are able to create an order when an Auction hasnt ended at the starting price of the Auction.
Its currently 3 customers who have been able to do that on my website, i really dont know where the issue is coming from. I guess there are still too many bugs in the Hikaauction component.
The whole thing is just confusing

6 years 7 months ago #275761

Hello,

I really don't want this feature. Because at the end of the Auction, the winner is charged at the 2nd highest bid amount.
I need the current price to be set to be the highest bid.

It's actually how auctions are generally being processed online.
We already planned on adding more mode in the future but note that if you really need it, you can edit the code of the "getAuctionCurrentPrice" function via "administrator\components\com_hikaauction\classes\auction.php" which is responsible of the calculation of the auction current price.

Some customers are able to create an order when an Auction hasnt ended at the starting price of the Auction.

I wasn't able to reproduce it on my end, can you give us more information about it so that we can reproduce it on our end and quickly fix it ? Thank you.

Its currently 3 customers who have been able to do that on my website, i really dont know where the issue is coming from.

The current bid will always be equals to :
[0 - 1] bid => The starting price
More than 2 bids => The second (customer) highest bid + bidding increment, the bidder with the highest bid will always be the winner until a customer bid with an higher value.

So if you only 1 have placed a bid on that auction then he'll win it for the starting price.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 7 months ago #276044

I dont know how it occurs but i'm thinking it might be coming from a new plugin i installed which posts my Hikashop products details to my facebook page.
JO Auto facebook plugin for hikashop is the name of the plugin

It's actually how auctions are generally being processed online.
We already planned on adding more mode in the future but note that if you really need it, you can edit the code of the "getAuctionCurrentPrice" function via "administrator\components\com_hikaauction\classes\auction.php" which is responsible of the calculation of the auction current price.

What do i edit in this file to get it the way i want it?

Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Lordtech.

6 years 7 months ago #276066

Hello,

I dont know how it occurs but i'm thinking it might be coming from a new plugin i installed which posts my Hikashop products details to my facebook page.
JO Auto facebook plugin for hikashop is the name of the plugin

In that case the best solution will be to directly send a message to "JO Auto facebook plugin for hikashop" developers so that they can directly fix that compatibility issue.

What do i edit in this file to get it the way i want it?

It will actually depends on what you want to do and it will require development skills.
That feature is actually on our TODO list but if you need the help of a professional developer you can check our partners section : www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
Or our commercial jobs section : www.hikashop.com/forum/9-commercial-jobs.html

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds