3 years 4 months ago #326087

-- url of the page with the problem -- : not live yet
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- HikaAuction version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 86.0.4240.198

Hi

I am having a problem with the HikaAuction emails not generating in real time with the auction event.

Example: Testing Auction
I have Two accounts bidding, one winning and then being outbid, then one winning.

No emails are being sent during the auction bidding
No emails are coming through that they have won/lost the auction item

So no 'real time' emails coming through.

I have worked with the Hosting provider and have set up the Cron to use a php file as per the example given in HikaShop Cron example.

The cron is working as I can see the report, that it is being triggered each minute. This is what it showed just after the end of the auction:

******************** 19-11-2020 15:36 ********************
HikaShop Triggered at 19-11-2020 15:36
---- Details ----
HKA_CRON_QUEUE_PROCESS_MAIL

******************************************************************************************************************************************************
******************** 19-11-2020 15:37 ********************
HikaShop Triggered at 19-11-2020 15:37
---- Details ----
Auction 00Test56-27 validated
HKA_CRON_QUEUE_PROCESS_MAIL

But no emails are coming through.

Can you advise where else to check in HikaShop to help fix this problem? I am not sure what else to do, so any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Jennifer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 4 months ago #326151

Hello Jennifer,

That's weird. Are you able to send Joomla / Hikashop emails from your website ?

If that's the case, can you check the menu "Hikashop-> Customers-> Emails history" to tell us if your HikaAuction emails are sent ?

If yes, then HikaShop sent them to the email server but the email server was not able to send them to the recipient email server.
So you'll have to check the logs of the email server to understand why this is happening.
You'll probably have to contact your hosting support with a screenshot of the details of one email from the history that wasn't delivered so that they can tell you what's wrong.

It's probably something related to the settings under the Emails section of the HikaShop configuration.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 4 months ago #326211

Hi Mohamed,

If that's the case, can you check the menu "Hikashop-> Customers-> Emails history" to tell us if your HikaAuction emails are sent ?

Yes, every minute that the cron triggered, was listed under Email History as an email event being triggered.

I left the cron setup and waited to see what would happen, the result was this:

I am getting emails 10 emails for 10 "Your Cron has been triggered", then there is a delay of around 4 hours, then another delivery of the next 10 emails for that time.

So the emails are the 10 triggers from: 2.37AM through to 2:48AM, then the next four hours they come through from 6:37 through to 6:48, then 10:37 through to 10:48

I will contact the Hosting provider as well to see if they can give me a clue.

But any help or advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Jennifer

3 years 4 months ago #326214

Hi Mohamed,

I have the following question from the Hosting provider:

Hello Jennifer,

We have checked the cron logs to see the mentioned cron getting executed every minute.

Can you please have a check with the developer on the code inside the cron php file or the action mention in the URL , if its being executed properly

I used the Hika Auction cron help to write the cron.php that I set up on my hosting serve like this:

<?php
header("Location: yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron ");
exit();

(Where it says yourwebsite, I changed that part to my sites URL, I changed it back just for this post.)

Thanks again for any and all help you can offer.

Kind regards
Jennifer

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by jenbain.

3 years 4 months ago #326262

Hi Mohamed,

I have done some further testing. Hope this makes sense to you.

Kind regards
Jennifer

Summary

• Emails are not being sent unless manually clicked during product Auction.

Tested using Hosting Cron and just Hikashop

Sent Auction Finished Notification being sent to both winner and loser. [privacy issue here]

Testing 2

Cron - Set on Hosting server using Hikashop Cron help files setup usint the following:
Command:
wget -O /dev/null " www.mywebsite.com.au/cron.php " > /dev/null

cron.php - contains:

<?php
header("Location: www.mywebsite.com.au.com.au/index2.php?o..._hikashop>ask=cron ");
exit();

Settings in Hikashop Component >System>Cron

Miniumum delay between two cron taks 5 seconds

URL: www.mywebsite.com.au/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron

Send report: only if Hikashop executes an action

Auction run 15

Auction Started and ran - no emails

Auction run 16

Auction Started / Click Cron URL after 2 bids entered from two different accounts

Emails arrived after manual Click

Click Cron URL after Auction completion

Final Auction notifications

Auction Winner notification sent to advise winner account on win.

Auction Finished notification sent to advised lost auction.

Auction Finished notification sent to advised lost auction also sent to Winner's account with the Losers account name.

Testing 1

Cron - removed Cron Job from hosting Provider

Settings in Hikashop Component >System>Cron

Miniumum delay between two cron taks 5 seconds

URL: www.mywebsite.com.au/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron

Send report: each time Hikashop is triggered

Auction run 17

Auction Started and ran - no emails

Auction run 18

Auction Started / Click Cron URL after 2 bids entered from two different accounts

Emails arrived after manual Click

Click Cron URL after Auction completion

Final Auction notifications

Auction Winner notification sent to advise winner account on win.

Auction Finished notification sent to advised lost auction.

Auction Finished notification sent to advised lost auction also sent to Winner's account with the Losers account name.

3 years 4 months ago #326311

Hello,

In your case, your issue is coming from your HikaShop Cron and not your emails. Did you check each points of the Cron documentation ?

- Make sure your website can be triggered via your browser:
Click on your cron url. That will trigger it manually via your browser so you will see if this url can be reached or not.
- If you use a third-party SEF component, your website may redirect the current page to the SEF one which will break our own cron service.
- So you can either configure your SEF component to not transform non-SEF into SEF urls or directly write your sef cron url on our cron interface. That can happen with sh404sef.
- Make sure your website can be triggered by the outside:
If you have an .htaccess with password protection, your website will obviously not accept to be triggered by an anonymous user.
- If you use a security component on your Joomla website, this component might block our cron task. RSFirewall: You should disable the DoS protection from the Components > RSFirewall > Configuration > Active scanner configuration options.
- If you use Cloudfare please configure it to allow the cron task to go through.
- If you configured your cron task on your own server, check the report of your own cron task and you may also want to apply this workaround:
Create a php file at the root of your joomla website with the code below in it where you will replace yourwebsite.com by your website.
<?php
header("Location: www.yourwebsite.com/index2.php?option=com_hikashop>ask=cron ");
exit();
Then, instead of calling the hikashop cron page, you will call your php file you just created. Like that, for example:
wget -O /dev/null " www.yourwebsite.com/myfile.php " > /dev/null
- If you use our own server to trigger your website, please make sure you enabled our server IP to trigger your website every X minutes! (you might block it if you have some security checks on the number of connections per IP)
- If you configured your cron task on your own server, check the report of your own cron task and you may also want to apply this workaround: www.acyba.com/support/forum/2-bug-report...-processed.html#1466

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 4 months ago #326333

Hi Mohamed,

In your case, your issue is coming from your HikaShop Cron and not your emails. Did you check each points of the Cron documentation ?

Yes, to all of the documentation,

As you can see by what I have already posted, I set the Cron on the hosting server as in the documentation and get the same results when I don't set the Cron on the hosting server.

I don't use any third party software, just hikashop and hikaauction.

I checked everything in the documentation.

Can you please advise what else I can do, I have spent many hours setting this up. I don't want to have to throw it all away.

Kind regards
Jennifer

3 years 4 months ago #326367

Hello Jennifer,

Of course ! Your issue can be coming from multiple factors like the spaces in your wget and header commands :

wget -O /dev/null " www.mywebsite.com.au/cron.php " > /dev/null
Should be :
wget -O /dev/null "www.mywebsite.com.au/cron.php" > /dev/null
And better :
wget -O /dev/null "http://www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron" > /dev/null

Also, the following code :
<?php
header("Location: www.mywebsite.com.au.com.au/index2.php?o..._hikashop>ask=cron ");
exit();
should be set to:
<?php
header("Location: https://www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron");
exit();
==> We changed it through our documentation thanks to your feedback.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jenbain

3 years 4 months ago #326400

Hi Mohamed,

I have run one product auction test after the suggested changes and it worked as it should.

Will run a few more tests to be sure everything is working as it should.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards
Jennifer

3 years 4 months ago #326401

Hi Mohamed,

The only other issue so far is the winner notification going to the loser as well with the winners name. I have given an example below, hope that makes sense.

just want to know where this would be coming from and how to turn it off as it will be a privacy issue here.

Kind regards
Jennifer

Example:
Auction product 23
Person 1
Person 2
[both make 1 bid.]

Person 1 bids and wins auction from Person 2

Person 1 gets winning notification
Person 2 gets finished auction notification
Person 2 also gets winning notification with Person 1's name

3 years 4 months ago #326402

Hi Mohamed,

Have come across another issue, this is not to do with the email:

I set up an auction item and not using catalogue mode.

Item I had listed to start and stop at certain time.

Checked the item and it has a Add to cart button.

I checked the product and had forgotten to choose Auction YES selection.

I did it a couple of more times and if you use the auction in catalogue mode, it won't show the add to cart button, but if you choose not to use catalogue mode, and forget to select the Auction button to YES, at the bottom of the product page, the add to cart button appears even though I have it selected not to show.

Just sharing this with you as I came across it while running some testing, I might be the only one who has done this... but just in case someone else has the problem, this could be the cause.

Kind regards
Jennifer

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

3 years 4 months ago #326403

Hi Mohamed,

One more, if the winner clicks on the email link to pay the product, it opens to the cart.

But if the user selects to continue shopping from that point, the item doesn't remain in the cart, I tried going to My Account > Cart, but it is empty and the only way to get the product back is to click on the email link again.

Is there a way to make sure the product goes to the Cart and registers it's there in case the user needs to come back after to complete the order.

Kind regards
Jennifer

3 years 4 months ago #326449

Hello Jennifer,

Is there a way to make sure the product goes to the Cart and registers it's there in case the user needs to come back after to complete the order.

That's a good idea that will probably be added in future versions of HikaAuction. Links to auction checkouts, will actually point to a "private" cart which isn't saved in user's session, so when your customers will press "continue shopping" they'll actually user their Hikashop cart and not their HikaAUCTION cart which can't be modified for security purpose.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 4 months ago #326475

Hi Mohamed,

How can I turn off the continue shopping button from the HikaAuction Cart??

Kind regards
Jennifer

3 years 4 months ago #326518

Hello Jennifer,

The continue shopping button is added automatically if you fill the option "Continue shopping button's URL" of the checkout configuration page ("Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout").

Leaving that option empty will hide it. However, there's actually no option to hide it just for auction checkout as the "Continue shopping button's URL" option if a checkout "general option".

We'll find a way to do it for future version of HikaAuction.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 4 months ago #326618

Thanks Mohamed for all your help.

Kind regards
Jennifer

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds