converting from Virtuemart

• Thank you received: 5
13 years 1 month ago #10804

Hello,

I am new to Hikashop and am looking for a replacement of my Virtuemart shop. In the last few weeks I have experienced some very disaoppointing issues with virtuemart and I am considering other shopsoftware. Hikashop seems to be a good solution. However.... Before I decide to step into Hikashop I have some questions I 'd like to find answers for.

Can I convert my Virtuemart shop to hikashop and how would the process go?
    Is it possible to create multiple products by importing an excel or csv-file. In VM we can use CSVIvirtuemart which does the job OK.
    In my shops artists offer their work for sale to other artists. I need a way to generate salesreports for products per manufacturer that selling artists can view for their products after logging in.
    In my current shop the Virtuemart registration form is used for membershipregistration to tutorials on my website and forum (Kunena). Can Hikashop do that too?
    I need to reward faithfull customers with a discount...or create Usergroups with special discountrates. Can that be done in Hikashop?
    Is it possible to create downloadable products? Can downloadable products be hosted on another server?
    Can productsimages be placed in 'my own' directorystructure? I want to be able organise my images in a structure I choose.
    Is it possible to create slideshows of products?

More questions will probably come. These are the first ones.

Best regards

Sjaak

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Sjaak. Reason: typos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
13 years 1 month ago #10810

Hi,

We have an CSV import function as well in HikaShop: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...hikashop-import.html
So if you can export your products information from VM you should be able to import them in HikaShop after adapting a bit the CSV. There is no one click button to import all the information in VM into HikaShop, at least for now.
There is no automatic way to handle sales reports on the front end. HikaShop does not support multi vendor for now anyway.
In the Business edition of HikaShop, you have an option to change the group of a user after he buys a product. That way, you can handle the access to other areas of the website.
You can have discounts and in the Business edition, you can restrict discounts to user groups.
You can have downloadable products in HikaShop. In the config of HikaShop under the tab files, you can change the folder of the files (and images as well). Then, on your server you could create a virtual folder there which would be a network resource for example. But you can't put a link from another server directly as a downloadable file.
You can create directly slideshows from products in HikaShop. However, you can use any slideshow component available for joomla and include your product images and links to the corresponding products to achieve the same.

13 years 1 month ago #10821

Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for your fast reply. Your answers make a lot clear for me.

One question has not been answered though. Can I use the shopregistration for membershipregistration in joomla?

Some features are essential for me.
Multivendor functionality is not priority 1, but certainly a wislist feature. I can bypass it for now. Do you have an ETA for the feature?
Downloadable files hosted on another server are a MUSThave for me. I am reseller for some third-party products. After purchasing the shop needs to start a download from the server of the third-party partner.

I can understand that there is no one-click functionality to import a VM shop. Can I build a hikashop in the back-end, without publishin next to the existing VMshop? This way I would be able to organise the 'new' shop. Then after finishing just turn off VM and turn on hikashop?

Best regards

Sjaak

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Sjaak. Reason: typo

13 years 1 month ago #10836

The sentence "In the Business edition of HikaShop, you have an option to change the group of a user after he buys a product. That way, you can handle the access to other areas of the website." was the answer to your question "Can I use the shopregistration for membershipregistration in joomla?"

There is no ETA for multi vendor for now.

You can always customize HikaShop to handle downloads from a third party partner.

You can build your HikaShop and restrict the menus/modules to be displayed only by administrators on the front end so that you will be the only one to see them. Then, you can just change the restrictions when you want to publish your new store.

13 years 1 month ago #10859

Thanks Nicolas.

But then visitors can only become members after purchasing a product?
My website offers more than just downloadable products that I want to sell.
It also offers a forum, tutorials and other interesting information that is visible for members. Registration is free.
Currently I use the VMregistration for this. After filling out the form they have automatically access to other parts of the website. I don not want to do that manually after a purchase.

Solutions?

Sjaak

13 years 1 month ago #10861

Hi,

A new question. Is Hikashop compatible with Artio Joomsef (paid version)?

Sjaak

13 years 1 month ago #10878

By default, when your customers will register on the checkout, they will become normal members of your website. There is nothing to do on that end. I thought that you wanted to affect them to a special group of users once they had bought something on your store...

You should ask JoomSef for such plugins. On our end there is no integration for Artio Joomsef, but only for sh404sef and the j1.5 and j1.6 SEF. I also know that AceSEF made an integration for HikaShop.

11 years 10 months ago #52318

A long time ago I asked questions about Multivendors.
Is there any news on development of multivendor features?

11 years 10 months ago #52322

We are working on it.
We are hoping to have something ready in less than 6 months.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds