Credit Card must be entered twice in checkout

• Thank you received: 8
12 years 1 month ago #39981

We are trying to create a one page checkout experience for a new site based on Hikashop ( www.glasstilewarehouse.com ) similar to what we have done with a custom one page Magento checkout in the past ( www.emergencyreserve.com )

The one page checkout we built with the magento site works absolutely great for conversion. It is a true one page checkout with everything entered on one screen and when the place order button is hit, the order is placed. No more multiple pages or extra clicks for the user.

We have been able to replicate this type of checkout process pretty close with Hikashop except for one problem:

When a new user enters their Address Credit card information (using Authorize.net payment method) on the 1st screen of the checkout they have to click a button to continue to a second screen to confirm their order.

This is fine to have a two page process, but the problem is that we lose the Credit Card information they entered on the first page, so the customer has to re-enter their credit card data.

This is very confusing to the customer and we are getting a lower conversion rate on our hikashop sites because of this.

Is there a way to make it so the Credit Card Information will stay in the form from the first page to the second page, so they don't have to enter their credit card info twice?

Or is there a way to make it so they just select their payment method on the first page and then only show the form for entering their credit card info on the 2nd page?

Ideally we could make a one page checkout like the one we made with Magento at emergencyreserve.com That one is perfect, but may not be possible to do with Hikashop.

That is ok as long as we can figure out a way to have as close to a one page checkout process as possible without making the customer have to enter their credit card information twice in the checkout process.

Please let me know your thoughts on what we can do here.

Thanks.

P.S. I have attached a couple screen shots of what our hikashop one page checkout looks like right now if you don't want to visit the site to see it live. As you can see in the screen shots the credit card form appears before and after the customer has entered their address, but if the customer enters their credit card info on the first screen, then that credit card info is lost in the form on the second screen and they have to enter it again.

Ecommerce expert for hire. DaveKarlsven.com

I love helping businesses make lots of money online.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
12 years 1 month ago #40210

Hi,

Could you also do a screenshot of your checkout tab in the configuration of HikaShop so that we can try to replicate the problem on our end ?

If I'm correct, the credit card information should normally be saved by HikaShop on the first step and displayed on the second. So you should not have this problem.

12 years 1 month ago #40424

Thanks for taking a look at this issue, Nicholas.

I have attached a screenshot of our configuration at the checkout.

We are using the Authorize.net payment plugin.

The information entered in the credit card fields are not being sent to the next page in the checkout on any of the sites that we are running with hikashop so our new customers have to enter their credit card information a second time after it is lost when they fill out the address form.

Please let us know if you think this is a configuration issue or if it is something that needs to be fixed in the code.

Thanks.

Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #40592

Hi,

I had a look to the problem on our end and to the code.
From what I can see that case is just not handled by the checkout system because it assumes that the payment/shipping will be entered/selected AFTER the user has logged in.

I've made a modification to our checkout system so that it handles that case. Please try to replace the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php by the one in the archive enclosed and it should work.

Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #40600

Thanks for the modification, Nicolas.

We put the new checkout.php file in place on our GlassTileWarehouse.com site

However, we are still having the credit card information disappear on the second page after the new user enters their address.

We have found with our Magento sites, that this type of checkout design really helps maximize conversion, but most new customers will enter their credit card number at the same time they fill in the billing address and then they will click the button to go to the next page.

This will work great if we can somehow make it so we don't lose the credit card info.

In our Magento sites, like emergencyreserve.com all the shipping methods, and address validation, etc. all happens through AJAX as the form is being filled out so there is not a second page, it is a true one page checkout.

I think it would probably be harder to make things work with AJAX like our Magento checkout, so the easiest solution would be to figure out a way to make it work to keep the credit card information in the form so the user doesn't have to enter it twice when they are on the second page.

We do have some template overrides in place for the display views of the address and shipping and payment boxes. We used the hikashop Dispaly Views feature to create these overrides.
Do you think those overrides are conflicting with your checkout.php script you had us upload?

Anyways, it would be great if you are able to keep helping us figure this out, and we recommend others using hikashop use a similar checkout process because we have found it to really help conversion rates on the site to have a simple one page checkout out that is fast and easy for the customer to get through.

12 years 1 month ago #40793

Since it now works for us (I tested again just now to make sure) it might come from overrides (I doubt that but you never know) or because one of your setting is different from ours (although I made sure that we had the same checkout options of the configuration).

You should try to rename temporarily the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop in order to deactivate all the overrides and see if it works better. If not then there is still a problem somewhere. If yes, that's it's really a problem with the overrides.

If it's the former, then, please provide a FTP access to your website so that we can debug it.

12 years 1 month ago #40824

Nicolas,

We did as you suggested and removed our template overrides and testing things again, but the credit card number is still not coming through to the second page.

Any other thoughts on what might be causing us to lose the credit card number on the second page?

I set up a copy of the site on a development domain so we can change and test things without effecting our live site:

The development site is at: dev.glasstilewarehouse.com

I will send a private message to you with admin and FTP access.

It would be great if you be able to help us figure out what is still going wrong here. Thanks.

12 years 1 month ago #40827

Another thing that I am noticing since applying the patch you sent, is on the second screen after I lose the credit card number if I try to select another shipping method, I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method hikashopPaymentClass::readCC() in /home/devglass/public_html/components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php on line 974

Any idea what would be causing this to happen?

12 years 1 month ago #41033

That's why the patch didn't work :)
You're not using the latest version.

If you update, the patch should work and you should not have the error.

12 years 1 month ago #41169

Nicolas,

It is still not working, we are still losing the credit card information when we go to the second page. We updated to the latest version of Hikashop and installed the patch you gave us on our development site at:

dev.glasstilewarehouse.com

I sent you a private message with FTP and admin access to this development site.

I appreciate any other help you can give us here.

Thanks.

12 years 3 weeks ago #41476

Hi,

Ok, I'll look at the problem tomorrow are it's already past 3am over here.

12 years 3 weeks ago #41532

Thanks for looking into this, Nicolas.

Let me know if you need any other information from us besides what we sent in our private message to you a few days ago.

Also, if there is anything else we can do on our end, then let us know as we are eager to help and learn.

12 years 3 weeks ago #41911

Hi,

I had some time today to look at the problem after catching up a bit with my emails. Unfortunately, the FTP account you provided doesn't give access to the files of the website so I wasn't able to debug the problem.

If you could double check that and let me know...

12 years 3 weeks ago #41983

Sorry about that Nicolas.

I changed a couple settings on the FTP side of things.

Please try connecting to the site files again through FTP using the same FTP credentials I sent you before.

It should work now.

Thanks.

12 years 3 weeks ago #41984

Hi,

It's working now. I'll get to it during this week. I got a lot of emails today that I need to catch up :/

12 years 2 weeks ago #43084

Hey Nicolas. I hate to bug you, but I just wanted to follow up and see if you had a chance to look at the code for this yet.

We really would like to make a one page checkout work with the layout we have, and so we really need to get this fixed so the user doesn't have to enter their credit card in twice.

Please let me know if there is anything you can think of that we can do to help diagnose and fix the issue.

Thanks.

12 years 2 weeks ago #43098

Sorry for the delay. I tried to look at the problem just now but when modifying a file via the FTP it didn't change anything on the website. Even renaming the main index.php file of the website didn't make the website crash. It seems that the FTP account you provided does not direct to the dev website URL your provided. Could you double check that ?

12 years 2 weeks ago #43114

Nicolas,

Sorry for all the hassle. I am not sure why it didn't work for you.

The dev site is located at:

dev.glasstilewarehouse.com

I just tried the ftp connection that I sent you and renamed the index.php file and it made the site go down, so I know that it works.

Please try it again and check to make sure you are going to dev.glasstilewarehouse.com with a clear browser cache.

12 years 2 weeks ago #43115

one thing I noticed on the dev.glasstilewarehouse.com site is that some of the links are redirecting to the live site.

So make sure that you are still at dev.glasstilewarehouse.com after clicking on some of the links so you can make sure you are on the right pages.

The product links should not redirect you to the live site, so you can go straight to a dev product page by going to:

www.dev.glasstilewarehouse.com/khaki-tan-blend

12 years 1 week ago #43221

Hi,

Yes, that was the problem. I was able to test and found the problem. It's fixed on your website and I published a new build of the latest version (released today) with the fix in it.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds