"Read more" button not available

• Thank you received: 10
11 years 8 months ago #64226

I read the instructions:

HTML editors

The read more button might not work with CKEditor on some configurations. If you need it, you can easily switch to another editor like tinyMCE by changing the editor of HikaShop in the configuration page of HikaShop.

I have tinyMCE assigned, but the Read More button does not show. Is there another simple editor that you would recommend that works with HikaShop?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 8 months ago #64255

Not sure if this will help, but if you go to plugins and find TinyMCE and change it to "extended" ( i think, or whatever is the max ), it will give you more options. DOn't know if "read more" is going to be there, but it is a simple thing to try.

• Thank you received: 10
11 years 8 months ago #64349

Thanks gidgie, I gave it a shot and changed the settings of tinyMCE from advanced to extended, the max, but the "read more" button did not show.

• Thank you received: 13090
11 years 8 months ago #64516

In the configuration page of Hikashop there is a "readmore" option that you can activate for that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jrod

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #85173

hi,

the read on function is "on" in the Hikashop configuration. The function works but the "button" is not visible in the intro text.
Editor JCE (latest) Hikashop Business 2.0 upgrade dec 2012

with a "link" read on... and popup to the article that works. But there are more than 3000 articles tot go!
The category is a category Div display with Name and discription.

regards,

Marius

11 years 3 months ago #85281

Hi,

Here is a thread which talks about adding the read more button automatically via a minor code change:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/10626...n-not-available.html

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 3 months ago #85292

Hi,

thank you works now in Dutch "Lees meer..." Now its working very good, i was spending time with testing to make liknks with "tabber and sliders"

regards,

Marius

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #87873

In reading through this thread, I can see the issue of the Read More button with a normal product page. However, we are electing to use the Tabbed product layout on our client's site. With that layout, the product description appears to be displayed in full both up with the product image and then again down in the Description tab.

While the "See More" link shows, it does not show where it should, instead always showing ofter 100% of the description text. Thus the Description tab is simply a repeat of the description. This also makes the description under the image too long in many cases.

Is there any easy way to get the "See more" link to split the description text where desired? This would really help in the tabbed product view. (It is turned on in the Config.)

Eg. ccappliance.com/cca/index.php/component/...leaner-kit-w10306172

11 years 3 months ago #87876

My mistake. Looks like it is cutting off the description text at about 4 lines. Guess my question no would be if there is any way to control how many lines to display with the image. Using the Read More system tag doesn't function, so wonder if there is a way to customize the Hikashop "See more" link.

ccappliance.com/cca/index.php/component/...a-maker-352?Itemid=0

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by neilw.

11 years 3 months ago #88158

Hi,

Try to edit the "show_tabular" view file via the menu Display->Views and change the code:
'#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>#i'

to:
'#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>.*#is'

That should allow the read more link on the tabular view to cut on the read more link you set in the description

11 years 3 months ago #88436

Tried that, but it simply did not show anything after the Read More tag. It did cut off the rest in the top section, but all of the text afyter the Read More tag was gone from the description tab.

11 years 3 months ago #88655

It's working fine for us and we've added the fix in HikaShop 2.1 which is own available on our website.
So you could try to remove your show_tabular view file customization and update HikaShop to the 2.1 version and see if that helps.
If you still have the issue, please provide a backend access via our contact form www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html and we'll check that directly.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds