Translation issues and social icons - Essential

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #65448

Hi,

I'm experiencing some issues with the translation of some things in essential.

1. In Hikashop wishlist module the message "The wishlist is empty" is in english even in greek language part of my site.

2. I Need the greek translation for "choose options" inside modules and in the categories page when wishlist is enabled.

3. In products page the buttons "Add to wishlist" and the button "contact us for more information" need translation to greek .

4. I want to use the default comments system because I like it better than jcomments. But it's all in english. Can I translate it to greek?

5. How can I totally change the social icons in products page? I want to put my own icons instead of the default ones. If this is not possible the facebook icon needs translation to english this time. At the english part of the site it says "Μου αρεσει" instead of "Like".

6. I started using dj image slider but it's too painfull to create each slide for each product e.t.c. I want a module that connects directly to a specific hikashop category and display the products without any other effort by me. Does the lof slider give me this option?

7. What about the Paysafe Card option for payment? Is there any thoughts of adding this method? Seems to be a popular choice.

8. A suggestion : It would be wise if you put an individual price for every hikashop style. Because It would be a lot easier to me (and to many other people I imagine) to give let's say 5 euros instead of 40. Now I want to use a style of yours but I'm not a developer and I only want one style and I have to pay 40 euros for this. Not possible...

Thank you

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by kooky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #65474

Hi,

1. Regarding the "The wishlist is empty" message : you should just add the translation line in the greek language file of the word "WISHLIST_EMPTY" through "Hikashop->System->COnfiguration->Language->Greek language file"

2.3. You'll have to add the greek translation of the word "CHOOSE_OPTIONS"/"ADD_TO_WISHLIST"/etc..

• Thank you received: 13069
11 years 7 months ago #65480

5. The language of the social buttons is handled automatically by the social network based on your cookies/browser language. You can't configure that but don't worry, if it displays them in greek, it means that the social network detected that your browser was in greek or that your account was setup in greek on their website so your users should see the buttons in their own language.

6. I think that the LOF slider can do that yes. But you can also use the integrated carousel system of HikaShop. It can do that too and is directly integrated in the hikashop products listing modules:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_c...5&Itemid=103&lang=en

7. It's already in the todo list along with more than 40 other payment plugins :/

8. Thank you for your input on that. So far you're the first one raising such concerns. We'll see...

11 years 7 months ago #65482

nicolas wrote:
6. I think that the LOF slider can do that yes. But you can also use the integrated carousel system of HikaShop. It can do that too and is directly integrated in the hikashop products listing modules:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_c...5&Itemid=103&lang=en

But this is only available in the business edition. I have the essential.

nicolas wrote: 8. Thank you for your input on that. So far you're the first one raising such concerns. We'll see...

Maybe it's because most of them know very well how to change lines in the css files and do the styling according to their taste. I myself don't know this part very well and try to do the best I can... So this option I asked you to consider is quite important.

What about the comment system? Is there any possible way to translate it?

11 years 7 months ago #65487

You can always upgrade to the Business edition if you want:
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/business/up...-from-essential.html
Otherwise, if you don't want, the LOF slider is an alternative yes.

For the comment system, that's also something which hasn't been translated by anyone yet.
You can also translate it via the configuration as Mohamed explained.
Also, you can share your translation with the corresponding button so that other greek users can also have these features translated without having to translate them again themselves.

11 years 7 months ago #65488

nicolas wrote: You can always upgrade to the Business edition if you want:
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/business/up...-from-essential.html
Otherwise, if you don't want, the LOF slider is an alternative yes.

For the comment system, that's also something which hasn't been translated by anyone yet.
You can also translate it via the configuration as Mohamed explained.
Also, you can share your translation with the corresponding button so that other greek users can also have these features translated without having to translate them again themselves.

I'm already doing it. I will share it.

One more question... Is there a possibility to add an extra field in the products page when the customer can put some information. You see, I will have invitations for products and I want the customer to be able to write his own script in the invitation. And I want that to be shown along with the order. Is that possible?

11 years 7 months ago #65709

Yes, that's possible with custom fields of the table "item" and of the type "textarea" that you can create via the menu Display->Custom fields in the Business edition. The text entered by the user will be attached to the order automatically.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds