How to apply selective multiple options.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 day ago #100894

Hi,

I am setting up a shop offering various sizes of photos (each with a unique price) with various frame options for each photo. Each combination of photo size and frame type changes the price so there are multiple combinations possible, each of which changes the price. Also, not all frame types are available for all photo sizes.I'd like to add other add ons also like mats, finish, etc. but don't know how to effectively do it.

I have options for the photo size working fine by itself. I have another set of options for the frames, also working fine by itself. The problem is the 2 options that appear with each photo operate independently so I am seeing 2 separate drop down menus with all options available for all photos....... but some size photos do not have frame options. Is there a way to hide (remove) the drop down menu when the other options do not apply to it?

I could cram all options into one drop down menu but that will become long and cumbersome. It's already confusing seeing options that don't belong with some products. Is there another solution I am not seeing? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

Suvrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 1 day ago #100955

Hi,

The solution would be to :
- Manage your product's variants through the manage variants button of your "Hikashop->Product->'Your product'" page.
- Set the quantity of the variants that you don't want to be displaid to 0 or just unpublish them.

Hope this will help you a little.

11 years 1 day ago #100992

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and help but this does not do it. If there are 3 variant lists, each with 3 variants there are 9 possible combinations that are possible, each with a different price. But there are times when someone may only want 1 of the variants or 2 of the variants, not some combination of all three....this is what I cannot accomplish....offering only 1 or 2 out of the 3 because every variation of the product contains all 3 and to unpublish 1 unpublishes them all.

Also, setting variant quantity to 0 or unpublishing them does nothing.......everything continues to show even with cache clearing. I have to actually delete whatever I don't want to show. Hope this is making sense and thanks again.

Last edit: 11 years 1 day ago by suvrat.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 13 hours ago #101095

Hi,

If you are using the variants, there is actually no way to hide the dropdown unless custom code.
What you can do is use the table display for the variants instead of the dropdown, the not available variants will not be selectable.

The option is in Config > Main > Product > "Characteristics selection method" > "Table"

The following user(s) said Thank You: suvrat

10 years 11 months ago #101247

Thank you....

I tried to use table display but I want to apply more than 2 variants so it shows dropdown menus instead. And to recap, unpublishing unwanted options does nothing....they remain active for some reason. And setting the quantity to 0 does nothing as all options are still shown as active.

Is there no other way to combine a series of variants of a single product to arrive at a price that displays the chosen variants clearly and without potential confusion?

thanks again for the help.

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by suvrat.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 11 months ago #101391

You are using options or variants ? It's two different things.

With the variants you can easily which is available for the product, if it's options you have to change the values in the option product directly and the change will be applied on all the products using this option.

So in your case it's better to use the variants, and when many characterstics are used all the values are displayed in the dropdown because the system can't determine which variant is not available.
Ex: Characteristic Size and Color:
if the variant S - Green is available, M - Yellow is available and M - Green not available, the values "M" and "Green" must be in the dropdown for the other variants.

But for "M- Green" the text "no stock" should be displayed, you can override this translation to "variant to available" for example.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds