Navigation buttons lost with Random listing

• Thank you received: 16
10 years 11 months ago #102401

When I turn on Random items in my product listing the navigation buttons are gone so I can not view more than the number of items specified.

Can this be changed?

WITH THIS...

NO THIS!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
10 years 11 months ago #102440

That's normal. You can't have pagination when the elements are displayed randomly since the products change every time you display a page of the listing. It has no meaning to display a pagination in that case.

10 years 11 months ago #102547

This explanation is very logical but let me make a suggestion for future versions.

Many users will not understand that:

1. There are more products available than those on screen.
2. There is no reason why they should figure that clicking back to the menu option for the product list will renew the items rendered.

So If I have 300 products but only 21 showing on screen users will take for granted there are only 21 products available.

So a "Show more" button on top or bottom or both positions of the product list will make very easy that the user forces a renewal of the products showing.

• Thank you received: 13069
10 years 11 months ago #102559

Well, usually the random option is only used for products listing modules where the content of the module change on each page. That option is usually not used at all for product listings menu items. I've never seen a website where the products catalogue I'm browsing change the products displayed each time I go from one page of the pagination to another and then come back. As far as I can see, it's logical to not use the random option unless it's a product listing module.

The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterChain

10 years 11 months ago #102561

Yes, you're mostly right. I've been thinking the same for the last 20 years...

but for this project this client wants exactly this and makes sense as the potential customers for this website are not looking for something defined, is like a

"second hand shop: Woow, let's enter to see what I find that I don't need but I want to burn the money with..."

then in this scenario this starts to make sense...

I think I will generate a button that links to the main menu url so it makes the refresh effect without clicking on the menu bar again...

thank anyway for your assistance

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds