how to create tabs in product page

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago #111454

Hi,

I have rpoducts configured with a tabular view and I can see that anything I put in the product description in the backend appears in the front end with a tab titled "description" which is great.

The problem I have is that for some products only, a second tab is appearing called "specifications" with no content in it.

I don't know where this came from.

All my products have a size variant attached with different prices applied to them so I can't understand 1. where this came from and 2. why it is only appearing on some products and not others.

I would actually like to use these different tabs but I can't find the documentation to control the tabs and content.
Can you please point me in the right direction?

thanks
Viv

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 8 months ago #111456

Hi,

I think that you'll find more information about specifications there :

Front end : If set to yes, address and user customer fields will be used during the checkout process to ask more information about the customer. Product custom fields will be displayed as specifications on the product page.

10 years 8 months ago #111700

It does not appear to be working.
Here is what I did:
www.vmrdesigns.com.au/test/SRL_design3/index.php/shop-here
On this page I have a category info module carousel displayed at the top of the page rotating through the four main categories. (cat info mod 344)
I also have the product category menu displayed in an accordion style menu to the left. (cat info module 164)
The items displayed in the main area are cat info menu 387.

The side menu links correctly and displays the categories and products how I want them but the carousel menu seems to be linking to something else. The essential oils category image in the carousel is linking to the botanicals sub-category listing for some reason. I have tried to associate the carousel with the folloowing menus: Hikashop default menu category listing, Menu item for category listing module 164, and the "Shop here" menu item but nothing seems to work. Every image is linking to the incorrect category listing.

Can you please explain how this works because I can't figure it out.

thanks

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 8 months ago #111725

Hi,

Regarding the tabs, you can change the comportment by editing the view "product / show_tabular" to display or not the tab "Specifications".
Another solution could be to use the "show_default" layout and the plugin "tabs" : extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di.../articles-tabs/14493

10 years 8 months ago #111826

Thanks for information about creating and controlling the tabs.

Sorry about my last post. This obviously does not relate to this topic. Not sure how that happened but I will post it elsewhere.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds