HS->AkeebaSubs creating new sub not renewing

• Thank you received: 5
10 years 7 months ago #116253

I've set up Hikashop with AkeebaSubs to handle subscription sales.

When a person purchases a new subscription it works fine,
However, when the user then goes to renew the subscription a new subscription is created in AkeebaSubs.

We have 2 different HS products:
1. New Subscription
2. Renewal

Is this causing the problem? (does HS or AS see this as 2 different subscriptions even though both HS items 'point' to the same AS subscription)?

OR could this be caused because the original subscription was imported into Akeeba and has a different payment processor listed?

Is there a way to see what data is sent to the AS API, that might help determine what might be causing the problem (and how AS knows that this is a renewal rather than a new subscription).

Any ideas?

UPDATE / SOLVED

OK ... ignore this completely.

But for anyone that's searching and finds this here's the answer.
AkeebaSubs ads a new subscription entry each time a subscription is purchased. It doesn't change the existing subscription (changing it's end date). Instead, it creates a new subscription entry that takes effect (if you have the business version, and have the rules set properly) after the current one ends (extending the subscription).

Hope that helps others that might be trying to figure this out.
(And didn't read the AkeebaSubs docs before looking at Hikashop for the problem like me. :blush: )

Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by cpaschen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 92
10 years 6 months ago #121431

which kind of extension (Component Module Plug-in) are the products :
1. New Subscription
2. Renewal

Does thoses products are bundle with Hikashop ? or akeeba sub ?

A the akeeba documentation
B the HKS documentation for akeeba sub
C renewal date problem in HKS forum post , post
D akeeba subscription support ( implement) mijoshop Virtuemart RedShop E commerce but not hikashop .
Third party integrations for Akeeba Subscriptions are available[1]: G*Sales [ www.nobbis.net/produk-
te/akeeba-g-sales-plugin.html], Zoo [ www.zoolanders.com/extensions/item/zooaksubs ], HikaShop [http://
www.hikashop.com/ ]

Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by lionel75.

10 years 6 months ago #121475

I'm not really sure if you are asking me a question or posting a comment - your post was a bit unclear.

The issue is resolved and my resolution is already posted here.

If you're facing the same issue and need some help with it please post your specific problems and I'd be happy to share what I learned during the process.

• Thank you received: 92
10 years 6 months ago #121479

hi
I only try to understand this sentence
""""""
We have 2 different HS products:
1. New Subscription
2. Renewal
"""""""
what do you mean by " 2 different HS product ? " I don't see extension name from hikashop or akeeba that have this name !!
OK i re read your post , you mean many way to implement renew subscription using akkeba product .

Regard's

Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by lionel75.

10 years 6 months ago #121480

We have 2 different products in HikaShop (1. new Subscription / 2. Renewal) that both are related to (add a user to) one subscription level (Member Subscription) in Akeeba Subscriptions.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds