carousel problem

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 9 months ago #204755

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12

Hi,

When I activate carousel on any page of my website, the animation is not working.
for example in home page, I have 6 products for WOMEN POPULAR PRODUCTS and I want to show 3 by 3 items but It shows 6 at once and the next slide is empty.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
8 years 9 months ago #204793

Hi,

I've checked the HTML of that module and the issue seems to come with the way you configured your module carousel settings.
Could you provide a screenshot of the HikaShop options of your module ?

8 years 9 months ago #204812

Hi,
I attached you a screenshot of my module.

Attachments:

8 years 9 months ago #204929

Hi,

This looks good. Can you make sure that you cleared your website caching ?
Also, could you enable the access to your website again so that we can look at it again ?

8 years 9 months ago #204962

Hi,
The site is online now.
I tried every thing and it is not working. it is not just this module but all modules i created with carousel.

8 years 9 months ago #205028

Hi,

I've checked again the carousel and I think that it comes from the Joomla template you're using.
Try to rename the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/product/carousel.php to something else via FTP and see if that helps. If not, try to rename the whole folder and see if that helps.
It could also be a combination of the view overrides and the CSS of the template.
It's hard to say as all the CSS is compressed on your website so it's not possible to see what is what.

I suppose that if you try to use that module with the default template of Joomla, it's going to work properly.
So you'll have to see that with the template provider so that they can tell you what to do in that case.

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by nicolas.

8 years 9 months ago #205063

Hi,

I dont have this file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/product/carousel.php so I cant rename anything.
I changed my template to the joomla default templates beez3 and protostar. Both shows two modules best sellers and best rated in my home page which I didnt create them and they dont show the modules in question. any other ideas?
I dont know why my files are compressed so I dont know how to disable it.

8 years 9 months ago #205069

Hi,

When you switch your template, you need to temporarily reconfigure the module position so that it match with the template.

If you don't have the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/product/carousel.php, I suppose that you must have the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/product/
In that case, try to rename it temporarily. That will temporarily revert all the modifications of the template to the display of the products on the pages of your website and that will help identify the issue.

The CSS seems to be compressed by the template so their should be an option in the template to deactivate that.

8 years 9 months ago #205916

Hi,
I renamed the folder product which contain only listing_div file, switched my template and reconfigure the positions but I still have the same problem :(

8 years 9 months ago #205927

Mmm. I don't see how that's possible.
Could you provide a backend access with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can look at your settings ?

8 years 8 months ago #207116

Oh it is because I changed the code directly and not in the front end :(
so I will try to do it this week.
I started by overriding a file in administrator\classes to template\html\com_hikashop\administrator\classes\my file
but it doesnt work. Is it the right link?

8 years 8 months ago #207157

Hi,

I'm not following you.
First, I don't see why you need to override the classes/product.php file for a carousel issue since that's not related.
Then, classes cannot be overridden like that. You need to create an override system plugin. It's much more complex.

• Thank you received: 92
7 years 5 months ago #251976

hi

nicolas wrote: Hi,

I'm not following you.
First, I don't see why you need to override the classes/product.php file for a carousel issue since that's not related.
Then, classes cannot be overridden like that. You need to create an override system plugin. It's much more complex.

@nicolas could you explain what can we achieve when overide system plugin in this case ?
Carousel is a module so How can we achieve carousel overide ?

1) since hikashop is not follow the joomla way ( overide article ) i understand now that i need ot understand how design custom layout work !
If i spy how hikashop backend work , whe ni click on display icon i can override ( copy file name and content php code to another location ) by clicking on the name link

hikashop do that on file system :
a.) copy the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/carousel.php
b.) paste the file /templates/protostar/html/com_hikashop/product/carousel.php ( rename carousel1.php manually)
here it seem we try to override a component ? ( to be confirm)
the questio nis what i have to do more to be able to instanciate carousel1.php module ?

OR

do i need to create a mod_chrome function call gallery1 and configure module to use it ?

B.) What the difference with the display icon ,the hikaserial->views, the Display->views in hiakshop backEnd .?
a display= View + layout ?

$model = $this->getModel('teams');
-
$view = $this->getView('teams','html');
$view->setModel($model);
$view->setLayout('modal');
-
$view->display();

Does the meaning of the both term display or view change beetween hikashop and joomla ?

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by lionel75.

7 years 5 months ago #252000

Hi,

0. Nothing. That's why I said that it was not related.
The carousel system is handled with views, so you can override it with normal view overrides. For the example, the one which contains all the logic of the carousel is the file "carousel" of the view "product".

1.A Why do you say that ? HikaShop does follow the "joomla way". You can override the views like other joomla views. In fact your could override the HikaShop views via the Joomla template manager if you want. It's just easier (I think) to do it through HikaShop's interface).

1.B they are the same.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel75

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds