carousel wont show up on my shop

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 9 months ago #205876

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ecp-products.nl/webshop
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1

Hey,

I enabled the carousel module but it wont show in the webshop
also i enabled it on the joomla end set the permissions and the location.
i have no clue anymore where to look or what to do..
its my first time making a webshop so about some stuff i am still kinda clueless.

-Davy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
8 years 9 months ago #205897

hi,

No worries, it's not that difficult.
But to be able to help you, it would be good (if not necessary) if you posted a link to a page where the carousel is supposed to show up, plus a screenshot of the complete module backend settings for the carousel.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

8 years 9 months ago #205902

www.ecp-products.nl/webshop

thats the website

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 747
8 years 9 months ago #205903

First, the page you're linking to displays a module with ID 325, but the screenshots are for a module with ID 340. Which is why I asked for a link to the page where the carousel module is supposed to be. It's pretty awkward needing to search a site for specific content if you know where it is and could post the link.

Next, your module settings are odd or missing:
Number of columns = 1, Number of products = 5, would result in 5 products above each other in a single column. You sure you want this?
Carousel: Products per slide =??? If you enter nothing, you'll see nothing.

So, please enter values, and such that make good sense, then save and reload the frontend page (!) where you placed the module. If still no result, please post again with updated screenshots, and this time with the correct link. Thanks ;)

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by lousyfool.

8 years 9 months ago #205911

Hey Lousyfool,

well i wanted the carousel on the top of the mainpage of the webshop, but now i think i deleted the wrong module by accident since i cant see any of my products anymore.. like i said first time working with hikashop and i am just trying for fix everything on my own as much as possible.

i can still find the products if i search for them in the search bar but they wont show up on the main page or if i click on any of the categories, is there a way to fix this issue?

Regards,
Davy

Edit nvm i think i fixed it okay going to try to fix the carousel now

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Siberio87.

• Thank you received: 13064
8 years 9 months ago #205935

Hi,

You want to configure a new module of the type "hikashop content module" via the Joomla modules manager. Make sure that it is set to the position where you want it in your template and that it is enabled. Then, edit it via the menu Display>Content modules and configure it to display the products you want.
Once you have the module displaying the products you want where you want, you can turn on the "carousel" setting of your module and set it up so that it will have the effects you want thanks to this tutorial:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...display-with-effects

The following user(s) said Thank You: Siberio87

8 years 9 months ago #205983

works now! thanks alot

one more question is it possible to change the background of the slider's box to transparent?

Cheers!

• Thank you received: 13064
8 years 9 months ago #205987

Hi,

Yes. Go in the menu Display>Content modules and edit your module.
There, in the "background color field, write the word "transparent" and that should do it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Siberio87

8 years 9 months ago #206425

okay everything works fine now thanks alot !

8 years 5 months ago #220745

Hello, i bought few days ago business edition and i cant understand how to configure carusel.i enabled it via the main menus of my site but it still not shown.the tutorials are for older versions of hikashop and i cant understand how to do it.from where can i manage hikashop modules?can you give me some instructions based on the current version of hikashop?

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 5 months ago #221220

Hi,

The menus and modules settings are regrouped in the Joomla menus / modules settings.
So you just have to go through Menus > Your menu and edit the desired menu settings, or Extensions > Modules to edit the module settings.

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...oduct-interface.html

8 years 4 months ago #221420

in this html link there is not instructions for setting up carousel.I need instructions how to do this.I enable this via menu but i cant see it no where.how can i manage the module?there is not module?i dont understand. i need instructions step by step. Thank you in advance

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 4 months ago #221556

Hi,

My bad, the link was for the product edition page, so not related at all on your issue..

In your current settings, the products will be displayed in a carousel after clicking on the menu link.
To have products in a carousel in a module, so you just have to create a new module via the Joomla interface and select the HikaShop content type. Then set it up as you want for the number of products to display, etc. And enable the carousel, and set the options as you want.

demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...display-with-effects

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds