[solved] Invalid message on checkout

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #1679

Hello, I have started with HikaShop today after abandoning VirtueMart (too many headaches!).
So far, so good - the config and creation of products has been straight forward and hassle free.

However 2 issues have come up:

1. I have a message at the top of the checkout screen saying Invalid Invalid, though the checkout process itself seems to work. Not sure if this is related, but I have noticed that when selecting Zone = Australia in the PayPal plugin that it doesn't save this selection.
    Please note the attached screenshot img doesn't show any shipping methods (see next issue). I have since enabled the manual shipping methods option, which allows the user to proceed through checkout.

2. The plugin for Australia Post shipping method does not show at checkout, I have edited this and enabled it also.

site is www.mykitchengarden.com.au/

many thanks.

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
13 years 4 months ago #1680

Hi,

You should update to the latest version of HikaShop if you want to limit a payment method to a zone as we corrected that bug on the zone selection.

For the invalid issue I'm not sure. We don't have that sort of message in HikaShop. Did you change some translations in HikaShop maybe ? Otherwise, it comes from another component/module/plugin on your website. ( Maybe something related to login or registration? )

For shipping issues, I invite you to read the second point of the FAQ on plugins : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq
That should help you find what is the problem.

13 years 4 months ago #1719

Still having problems...

I have latest version (1.3.6)Hika Shop now installed.

1. "Invalid Invalid" message only shows when an address is added, if address deleted it just shows "No shipping methods available to your location". If user is logged in, everything appears fine right up until they add an address.
I have noted some "Invalid Token" issues on Joomla forums, but this is a different error message/issue.

2. AusPost plug-in, I have followed and checked all instructions from FAQ. This shipping method is not displaying as an option during checkout (only the manual one does). The zone for the AusPost plugin should be limited to Australia only, but this setting does not save (have tried both save and apply, but the selection is cleared each time).

thank you

13 years 4 months ago #1725

1. Do you have a joomla security plugin which would check on the post data and would display that message ? Otherwise, do you use the VAT number field ? If you disable it, do you still have that message ? Maybe with another field ? Could you try to disable the fields one by one and see if the message disappear ?

2. Yes. That's a bug we just discovered. If you replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/plugins/tmpl/form.php by the one in the archive enclosed to this post, that should solve the problem.

File Attachment:

File Name: form.zip
File Size:1 KB

Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #1778

Thanks for your ideas.

The invalid message is now gone, I changed in HikaShop configuration the default address type from Individual to All Customer Types and it is fixed!
The Australia Post module now also displays, but was calculating the parcel rates incorrectly - so I have disabled and will just use the manual one.

Please mark as solved, and thank you for your wonderful product. I will go back to Joomla extensions to review also.

13 years 4 months ago #1781

Hi,

Great that it works for you. I marked the topic as solved.

13 years 2 months ago #5112

Hi there,

at the moment I am testing your nice component. But I would not see this "bug" as closed. I am experiencing the same problem. But my problem is not gone. I created a product, I activated the manuell shipment method and created the price for the shipment. I will sell magazines, so in the product I gave the weight of 520g. In the shipment I gave it up to 1000g.

The problem is...when I put the product in the cart and want to checkout, the first time everything seems to run as it should, but when I add another product or change the amount of the product the message: "No shipping methods available to your location" appears. After that your are not able to proceed and no information about the shipment price is displayed anymore.

Only when I logout and login again I can again put one item in the cart and so on......

Second problem is: I asked myself what about the taxes. If I want to sell my book, I want my customers to know how many taxes are included in the price. In the configuration it says that you can switch to including, excluding taxes or showing both. In the product configuration you can define a price and a price including taxes. If I enter a value here in the one field the other field is also changed. Does this make any sense?

For what reason I define in the currency configuration a tax rate? I also created a tax specialy for book it is 7 % instead of 19 % what is normal in Germany.

If anyone could help me, I would be very happy.

Best Regards

Shabi

13 years 2 months ago #5115

Hi,

You set a shipping method with a maximum weight of 1000g. Each product weight 520g. If you put one product in the cart, you are below that 1000g limit, so the shipping method is displayed. If you add a second product in the cart, the total weight of the cart becomes 1040g. Youre are exceeding the weight limit of your shipping method. The error message displays. I don't a bug there. It's the normal behavior.

If you enter a price without tax for product prices, the product price with taxes is automatically calculated by hikashop based on the tax rules you defined in System->Taxation, the tax category of your product and the main tax zone of the configuration. If you enter a price with tax, the price without tax is calculated automatically.
Note that only the price without taxes is stored in HikaShop and the price with taxes is calculated dynamically all the time based on the user zone, the products tax category and the tax rules you configured.

There is no tax rate in the currency configuration.

Concerning taxes setup, I invite you to read our documentation: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...axation-listing.html

13 years 2 months ago #5117

Hi nicolas,

thank you for your quick reply. I also thought about that, because I set up a second shipment method(or at least I thought it might work) that goes from 1001g to 10000g that is for a standard parcel. So if a customer would choose 1 item the shipment is only 2,20 Euro for one magazine. But everything above 1 kg can be shipped with a parcel. Sometime a University may order 10 magazines, then the shipment mode should be automatically picked by the system.

In some way I tried it a minute ago. Then I thought ok, I will just click on the change adress button. After doing it the correct shipment method was right in front of my screen. But as I was happy and wanted to checkout....dideldidoing same message. Are you one skype by the way???*g*

Regards

shabi

PS: And thank you for the tax tip. I really did not know that. That spared me some trouble;)))

13 years 2 months ago #5119

Please make sure that you use the latest version (1.4.3) as there were some problems regarding shipping and addresses in old versions of HikaShop.

Also, the message is "No shipping methods available to your location". That means that the problem is the location and not the weight. Please make sure that your user address (or the main tax zone in the configuration if you're not logged in during the checkout) is within the zone restriction you set in your shipping methods.

We do not do skype chats.

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by nicolas.

13 years 2 months ago #5126

I am really impressed!!!

I went through all of your hints. And finally everything seem to work.

I actually wanted to show you my screen via skype, to help you helping me!;) But thank you for your input. It saved me a lot of trouble. The system is really perfect for my needs. Thank you for your help nicolas.

Regards shabi

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds