Tripple [next]ing to get to final checkout process

• Thank you received: 5
13 years 4 months ago #1823

ok this one is a major , after clicking on the check out the client is shown the page with all the relevant info including shipping/form of payment/cost and everything , but at the bottom it shows the [next] button , cool!

click that and it comes back to the same page and at the bottom it adds shipping and [next]

click that and it comes back to the same page and at the bottom it add's payment form (although already selected both earlier) click [next] again and you might be lucky to proceed to the payment gateway.

can this all not be done on one page?... looking for usability here, most onliner's excuse my pun are twits.

and this would confuse the simpleton's ....

:blink:

you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 4 months ago #1829

That was improved in the last version of HikaShop. Do you use the latest version ?

13 years 4 months ago #1882

thank you for your fast reply , I am currently using version 1.35 which I assumed was the lattest version.

do I simply upgrade to version 1.36 ? what effect will this have on the version already in place?.

13 years 4 months ago #1883

I invite you to read that page of our documentation which covers that: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/59.html#update

13 years 4 months ago #1886

like a bull I installed the latest version as instructed.

now for some reason I have a small problem of shipping.

although set in the manual shipping module to the following for testing purposes.

orders upto $150 include a Fee of $15 the settings of which are [maximum price: $149] and [price: $15.00]

orders over $150 free shipping. [minimum price: $150] and [price: $0.00]

I have setup 2 methods under the manual shipping methods.

neither are working now.

I can give you access to the cart if you need to check settings. just pm me .

:(

13 years 4 months ago #1888

Did you set a weight in your products ? Please follow our FAQ on that to see what you're missing: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

13 years 4 months ago #2166

Yep Ive been through the Faq's and this is not happening.

Basically the store is in NewZealand.

this Shipping will be Divided into north and South Islands

all States (Cities) in the Northern most territory in the North Island Section
as are all States (Cities) in the Southern Territory in the South Island Section

but the shipping module doesnt show up

not sure whats happening tbh.

is there a tutorial on setting up the shipping side of things?
:side:

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by reace.

13 years 4 months ago #2173

We don't have yet a tutorial explaining the in and outs of the shipping methods.

Instead, could you post some screenshots ? One of the listing of manual shipping methods so that we can see how you configured your shipping methods. One of the checkout on the front end after logging in so that we can see how it looks like. Also, please make sure you set a weight in your products. That should help us already to tell you what could be the problem.

13 years 4 months ago #2241

Hi nicolas.

he Problem I think Iam facing is this.

New Zealand has about 10 states in hikacarts default install.

therefore when I Select New Zealand as the Shipping zone everything works fine provided of course that I have Weights! of course.

here is my predictament.

of the 10 above said states lets say that 5 are for north Island (NZ consists of North and South Islands) and 5 for south

how would I define this separation for use with shipping? 5 Cities (Sates) North Island , 5 cities (states) south Island

as I need to be able to price x2 prices , one for north and one for south.

in fact the tricky part is for what we call rural area's which are outside of the CBD's (Central Business Districts) these normally incurr an extra fee based on the location of the client. so in Essence there would be 4 zones:

North Island
North Island Rural
South Island
South Island Rural

for the time being I am trying to get just the north and South Island Separated ...

The Rural Area's I guess could either be implemented by requiring an extra field on the registration Screen which Asks "is your address in a rural location?"
which could add a rural Fee.

or do an Average of costs and set a flat rate to either of the 2 locations (North/South) to account for rural Area Delivery fee's

an example would be if fee's were;

North Island $5.00
North Island Rural $10.00
Then Flat Rate would be $7.50
in which case we would gain $2.50 for every CBD delivery and Loose $2.50 for every Rural Delivery.
Providing that the Majority of sales returned was in the CBD Category then this would probably work.
not quite sure how I would approach this problem

:blink:

I notice that when a client enters their address details that it allows a selection of states but States are separate to Shipping Zones.

and since there is no place for the user to select which shipping zone they are in (North or South) then how would hikacart pickup this data?

Hope this is understandable.

regards

reace

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by reace.

13 years 4 months ago #2243

Hi,

You can create two new zones of the type shipping zone.
In each of these two zones, you can add the states corresponding to the island (south or north).
Then, in the shipping methods, you can select one of these to zones.
Then, based on the state provided by the user in his shipping address, the system will filter the shipping methods to display only the shipping methods without a zone limit or with a zone limit which contains the state of the shipping address.

Actually, you would not even need to create these two zones. If you need for example two shipping methods (standard and express) with different prices for south and north island, you could create two shipping methods per state, so 20 shipping methods in total. Then, based on the user' shipping address, the system would display only the two methods corresponding to the state of the user. Creating the two extra zones just reduces the number of shipping methods you have to create.

13 years 4 months ago #2335

Hi,

I have taken option (a) for the time being whereby I have setup 2 Shipping Zones and used the states from the NZ Country Zone.

had a few hiccups of course along the way , for instance When I went to the NZ Country Zone, it displayed all States of this zone.However I added new States by clicking new. then filling in the relevant info.

Then I saved the country zone (which showed the new states that I had created - before saving)

interestingly enough when I clicked back into the NZ Country Zone, The New States that I entered were no longer there!.

They got exported (moved) somehow to ALL_STATES which I found that if I used the filter I could manually assign each one to the New Zealand Country. which Took a little while.

any ideas what could be causing this?

Cheers
:side:

13 years 4 months ago #2343

Are you sure that you saved the NZ country zone and not clicked on cancel or somewhere else once the new sub zones had been added to the subzones listing ?
When you create a new subzone or when you assign a subzone, they appear in the subzones listing of the zone directly but the modification is saved only when you click on save or apply.

13 years 3 months ago #2527

yes Iam sure,

13 years 3 months ago #2546

There was indeed a problem. We were able to reproduce it and fix it. We will include it in next release.

13 years 3 months ago #2583

Excellent stuff nicolas, we really do appreciate your efforts in fixing the bugs and for the development of the Hika cart.
Thank You.

any other bugs I find I will report back to this forum.

Regards

reace

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds