Using Hikashop For Vehicle Recovery Service

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #4373

I'm in the process of setting up a website to provide a vehicle recovery breakdown service. I would like to be able to have a shopping cart similar to the theaa.com (based in the United Kingdom)You have a choice of 5 breakdown cover types to choose from. When you select one of the services it gives you the price and an option to either pay monthly instalments or pay the full amount and get it discounted if paid in one go. If you choose more options on top of the chosen service then it should add to the price. Once you have selected all of your options you should then have another choice to choose from 5 further options like vehicle cover only, cover for you or cover for two people etc. I'll be grateful if someone can advise me if the hika shop shopping cart (free version) will be able to do this and if there's a limit as to how many customers can be processed. I will be using joomla 1.5 to build the website.

Regards
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 2 months ago #4374

Hi,

HikaShop does not handle payment in several times. It doesn't allow to have options on products with the price of the option added to the product price.
There is no limit in customers in either of HikaShop versions.

13 years 2 months ago #4375

Thank you for the advice. Do you know of any other shopping carts that will allow me to have these options.

13 years 2 months ago #4376

I can't say for sure but I know that VirtueMart can do a lot of things since it's been there for over 10 years but you need to know your way around as sometimes you'll have to dive into the code. Other users might have more useful information but you might be better off asking directly on VM's forums.

HikaShop is still only 3 months old and you can already do a lot of things with it but our first target is small to medium stores and such features, which are more targeted to big stores, will be implemented later on.

13 years 2 months ago #4378

That sounds good. I did have a look at virtue marts forum but some of the users had advised that they experianced problems which is why I was hoping to be able to use Hikashop as all the users had good things to say about it. It will take me about four months to build the website. Do you think the new features will have what I need by that time.

13 years 2 months ago #4380

That's not possible as we already have a lot of features on track and these kind of features are not the priority for us. I can't give you a date but I'm almost sure you won't be able to do what you want with hikashop within the next 4 months. I would strongly advise you to look for another extension for that project.

13 years 2 months ago #4381

Ok, thank you for your advise. I will keep looking. If you happen to come across something suitable I will be grateful if you can let me know. Enjoy the rest of your eveing and a happy new year to you.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds